Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Yes I would probably agree. The part where he juggled the ball was great to watch. And the part he got pass a few defenders and put that cross in.

Think since he came back, his passing has always been to the front, trying to find others in space instead of going sideways like Anita or Gouffran. Certainly likes to dribble again like he used to in the early days. Was that restricted by Pardew?

Jonas would be in the team than Anita for me. Too many careless passes and would not offer anything defensively against  the mackems.

I know it's an awkward situation and all that, but I see quotes today from Jonas saying he wants his place in the team to be on merit rather than sympathy, yet appears to hold a grudge to Pardew for saying to find a new club...for footballing reasons rather than keeping him just because of his situation. All seems a bit :undecided:

Most sane, rational, decent people hate Pardew.

He rang Pardew to tell him about his cancer and Pardew told him to find a new club, how the fuck can he not hate Pardew for that? How it's only being reported in local media is beyond me.

Think he brings a positive vibe in the dressing room and on the training pitch. Loveable character and was positive when he came on on Saturday. What a story it would be if he got a winner in the derby. Yep, two miracles there, not gonna happen.

Gutierrez explained: “I returned mid-November and at the beginning to mid-December the manager said I should find myself another club, that it was best... er, I understand a lot of things about football that, well, that for the directors it is a business, no?

Some people still think it was Pardew against the board.

Urgh.

Even I never thought it was Pardew against the board.

Nah you know what I mean though. Some talk as if Pardew wasn't entirely complicit and/or not dignified enough to walk away from it all.

Am I reading that right in that he's saying it was the board's decision and it was left up to Pardew to pass the message on??

Does that absolve him of blame?

no

I have always believed it was the board's decision as Pardew didn't have any say on which players were bought or sold.  However, the fact that Jonas is also angry with Pardew implies that he believes Pardew was also involved.  It does seem as if Pardew was not exactly sympathetic to his situation which probably makes it even more galling to him when Pardew made such a big thing of his return to the club.

Vile and disgusting club under the fat parasite so no surprise. No surprise that Pardew acted like a cunt too.

To think these cheeky wankers used him on the front of the programme last weekend too! No shame at all!

Vile and disgusting club under the fat parasite so no surprise. No surprise that Pardew acted like a c*** too.

To think these cheeky w*****s used him on the front of the programme last weekend too! No shame at all!

Exactly.

Absolutely abhorrent.

Vile and disgusting club under the fat parasite so no surprise. No surprise that Pardew acted like a c*** too.

To think these cheeky w*****s used him on the front of the programme last weekend too! No shame at all!

Exactly.

Absolutely abhorrent.

Subhuman scum. Can only hope karma is a real thing.

Guest Geordiesned

Clearly a board decision but Pardew happy enough to do their dirty work. The same man who refused Don Hutchinson permission to go to his mum's/dad's (?) funeral.