Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

No one hates him, they hate how many minutes he gets as a winger when he offers f*ck all.

Bit of a difference.

An impossible concept to grasp, it would seem. :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous this has to be explained every few pages to the same people.

No one hates him, they hate how many minutes he gets as a winger when he offers f*ck all.

Bit of a difference.

I'd disagree, considering the bloke gets abuse on Twitter and match threads are constantly filled with 'fuck off Jonas' type rantings, people seem to have difficulty grasping the differences between a player lacking in ability and a bloke being a massive cunt because the manager has dared pick him.

Guest neesy111

Jonas is a very likeable guy.

Just he can't play on the wing nowadays.  If he wants to prolong his career, he needs to move to a slower league imo.

Bit of a difference.

I'd disagree, considering the bloke gets abuse on Twitter and match threads are constantly filled with 'fuck off Jonas' type rantings, people seem to have difficulty grasping the differences between a player lacking in ability and a bloke being a massive cunt because the manager has dared pick him.

I want Jonas to fuck off. Doesn't mean I hate him outside of when he's in an NUFC shirt.

I wasn't talking about the knackers on twitter.

I can't really defend what those idiots do.

I was talking about purely on here....

No one hates him we just recognise he can't contribute on the wing anymore.

What about the knackers inside the ground who just hurl abuse at him everytime he gets the ball?

Guest bimpy474

I wasn't talking about the knackers on twitter.

I can't really defend what those idiots do.

I was talking about purely on here....

No one hates him we just recognise he can't contribute on the wing anymore.

What about the knackers inside the ground who just hurl abuse at him everytime he gets the ball?

Tbf you cant blame his teammates for that.

The match day thread stuff is a daft argument as well, anyone who plays badly gets their share of grief, last season most of the players did while Jonas' own performances meant he got more down to him being shit. If anything Jonas gets an easy ride due to his personality, he deserves a lot more grief for some of the performances he's put in, better still to be sold and do fuck all for vast amounts of money elsewhere.

Great guy, good attitude, shit footballer and offers nothing going forward and last season became a liability defensively as well.

Twitter is full of cunts, it's made up of about 98% twattish people so I wouldn't take by notice of that place, he doesn't, he just laughs it off.

Forgot about that :lol:

Ok then the hate is over the top :lol:

But also misplaced, the anger should be directed at the man who keeps picking him when he's clearly not up to it.

Not Jonas,  not his fault Pardew keeps picking him every week expecting something to change.

In the ground every player should get your full support, there's no defending that IMO. If you can't support them say nowt, it's easy enough.

Completely agree. I know it's not a popular thing to say, but at times our home support can be a proper double edged sword. If things are going badly, or you're not a fan favourite, it must be a difficult place to play at times.

In the ground every player should get your full support, there's no defending that IMO. If you can't support them say nowt, it's easy enough.

Completely agree. I know it's not a popular thing to say, but at times our home support can be a proper double edged sword. If things are going badly, or you're not a fan favourite, it must be a difficult place to play at times.

Yeah, agreed. Not many have come back from being a scapegoat. Perch did a decent job of it as did Nicky Butt once (albeit it wasn't long after everyone got on his back again).

Guest icemanblue

Bit of a difference.

An impossible concept to grasp, it would seem. :rolleyes:

Assume you're referring to me? Wey, even if you're not, i'm going to have a pop anyway. I didn't say anything about 'hating him', as I couldn't care less about what anyone thinks of him. Your post doesn't even allude to that:

How does it feel to know that, regardless of how many players we sign, this guy will still manage to notch 30 league appearances this season?

My complaint was with the over-egged and tired assertion that Jonas will be played regardless of the signings we make. This assertion often applies to two or three positions, to match the context of the thread. In every fucking thread. It's wrong, boring and absolutely shit patter.

Nah I wasn't referring to you. Your post didn't touch on that, but others' did.

I'm still not sure how it's a particularly egregious post to make, especially since it was posted in the Jonas Gutierrez thread. I'll be stunned if he doesn't hit 30 league appearances this season. There's absolutely no reason for him to do so. It's a valid point to make.

You'll have to take up your grievances with the other posters bringing-up this subject in the other threads, because I've not been one of them.

We need Jonas, just not in the first 11.

:thup: Yup, I'd rather not get rid of someone just because they had one horrible season. He has been here for a bit now and deserves the chance to prove that he isn't finished. I don't want him starting or playing a lot even, but with our lack of depth and injury history I don't know why people  desperately want to get rid of him. Maybe he could contribute more when he isn't playing every minute of every single game. 

:rolleyes: Maybe we wouldn't suffer from a lack of creativity if we supported the first 11 with players who can, you know, fucking create from time to time.

This is a player without an assist in 49 games for us. Next time we drop points because we've barely given Cisse a thing to work with (it'll happen every other week, most likely) remember what you've questioned and advocated.

'We need Jonas.' Honestly, you've no right whatsoever to piss and moan about how inept we are if you're happy for such players to be on the pitch.

He never seems to get any flak at the games unless I haven't noticed. Just mainly internet based grief he gets, which is obviously petty.

He's a decent guy by all accounts and popular amongst our fans, but crikey he seriously needs to improve everything about his game if he continues to start for us.

My complaint was with the over-egged and tired assertion that Jonas will be played regardless of the signings we make. This assertion often applies to two or three positions, to match the context of the thread. In every fucking thread. It's wrong, boring and absolutely shit patter.

i know you're suggesting that jonas won't play if we sign a winger or whatever but you are aware that he started 34 PL games last year right (zero assists)?  when he was terrible, just terrible for the entire season

as far as i know he's been a mainstay throughout pre-season

pardew loves him, i'm not convinced he even recognises the need to replace him and given a left winger will find another spot for him due to his "workrate"...all evidence points to this really, what's making you think pardew would drop him?  genuine question