Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Matty Hyland ‏@_MH513_ 3 Jul

Any football club interested in signing @elgalgojonas ? I'll drive him personally to your club. #FollowPerchy

jonas gutierrez ‏@elgalgojonas 3 Jul

@_MH513_ thanks, but don't care pal I have a car. You r funny hahaha, have a nice day.

Matty Hyland ‏@_MH513_ 3 Jul

@elgalgojonas Well, if you're going to stay, at least try to score this season. If you score 3 by Christmas, I'll get your name on my shirt. 

jonas gutierrez

‏@elgalgojonas

@_MH513_ hahaha ok we make that deal if not I invite you for a dinner and a drink.

:lol: I can't stay mad at him for being mostly shit, he's such an affable fella.

Canny irritating that twat will get to meet Jonas.

Sound bloke that needs to be marginalised in the first team this coming season. Still think Pardew will lean on him quite heavily for that left flank role though.

Don't think the manager regards left wing as a problem area unfortunately and he'll end up starting most matches again next season.

Shows how idiotic he is then as its a massive problem.... only second to the lack of strikers IMO.

I like Jonas he's very fit, a real work horse possibly the hardest working player with Tiote, quick, intelligent, reads the game well (unlike Obertan) and has excellent defensive play and very flexible as can play in a number of positions. Ok on the flip side he doesn't get forward nearly as much as he should/used to (pardews instructions possibly ?) and his passing/final ball is not always the best either (he spends a lot of the time on the left when he is right footed).

At the very least he's a very good sub. We do need a squad and we need players like him in it.

I like Jonas he's very fit, a real work horse possibly the hardest working player with Tiote, quick, intelligent, reads the game well (unlike Obertan) and has excellent defensive play and very flexible as can play in a number of positions. Ok on the flip side he doesn't get forward nearly as much as he should/used to (pardews instructions possibly ?) and his passing/final ball is not always the best either (he spends a lot of the time on the left when he is right footed).

At the very least he's a very good sub. We do need a squad and we need players like him in it.

At his best he is that, if he's in bad form he can be a liability (particularly on the ball).

I like him, and I hope he can play a decent part next season. Just not as a wide player and not as a guaranteed starter.

I'm always confused when wide players are considered lazy if they don't track back but can be considered hard working when they don't do any attacking work.

Well, neither's really true, it's just that chasing the ball around and closing people down is hard work. I wouldn't really consider Jonas an attacking wide player anymore TBF.

I'm always confused when wide players are considered lazy if they don't track back but can be considered hard working when they don't do any attacking work.

Well, neither's really true, it's just that chasing the ball around and closing people down is hard work. I wouldn't really consider Jonas an attacking wide player anymore TBF.

That's where Pardew keeps playing him though.

A very good sub if you want to invite pressure and negate your creativity.

Interview in Spanish - http://www.goal.com/es-ar/news/4442/argentinos-por-el-mundo/2013/07/07/4101101/quiero-volver-a-la-argentina

In an intimate and exclusive interview Goal, Jonas Gutierrez opened and talked about everything: the Premiership, Newcastle, his time in Spain and his desire to return to the country in the future.

"It's a very high level of demand. There are many young people coming up, one can not relax for a second." It seems that the owner of this phrase is one older man, an athlete who is closing his career. However, it has nothing to do with it. Jonas Gutierrez, with only thirty, analyzes the Premier as few.

He knows he is at the top and that the obligations are important. Understand, as anyone because there will begin its sixth season, you can not give anything and to stay in the Premier League for so many years is a privilege for the few.

For all that, the Greyhound has a convincing power of analysis. No filler words are but a look overcomes. So every one of his sayings has a special, knows what he is talking about. Newcastle chose and since 2008 it is there. She finished training as a footballer in England, but maintains the essence of his hometown Saenz Peña in the province of Buenos Aires.

And the Premier League seemed an inevitable fate for him, is that since 2001, when it appeared in the fields with the shirt of Velez Sarsfield, the magnifying glass fell on him. That walk in the countryside, these strides and groove leaving every advance, it potentiated as a player for the Old Continent.

First I took Mallorca in Spain, one year there and then jumped to Newcastle, who signed a five-year contract. The Greyhound, as it is known in the universe of the ball, is enjoying the place you happen to occupy, but maintains the rigor of forever, which took him to the elite of world football.

- What's it like so many years in the Premier League?

I'm very comfortable and for me is a challenge to know that I have been for five years in a league of high competition, for me, today, the Premier League is the best league in the world. I do not stop to think what I accomplished, I enjoy every day. I'm doing around 30 years and you begin to see the end because the guys who come are younger, it makes everything more difficult. So I try to improve and now start my sixth season here and I enjoy it.

- Age also helps you to enjoy more of the things?

-I always take a very serious things. Since I started playing football since I realized that this was going to be my livelihood, I always took it seriously. I relaxed in no time. I try to be very focused. What I enjoy is the league where I am, because in football you never know where you can go play. I always say that I am very well and treat me great. It's a dream to be here. When train or entering the game, things change. I can not relax for a second, because I insist that there are very young children need to be more focused than ever, because otherwise you lose your place.

- How to adapt to a different life to that of Argentina?

'It's a myth that everything is so different. Today times have lengthened more. A few years ago it was much earlier. Just find differences between Argentina, Spain and England, in climate. That itself is very different, but then life is similar, everything is very quiet, the people are very friendly, you can do many things here that I do in Argentina.

- What do you feel gave you the Premier as a player?

'I think you always learn. Being in England, football is a very physical where everything is, you you have to get used to the constant rubbing. Out there in Spain charge here many faults and try to continue the game. That's a big difference. The ball is going down very fast, every time you try to play more below. It's a beautiful league. It helped me to have had a step Mallorca, was an intermediate step, because going from Argentina to England would have been very difficult.

-In the locker room, in the past there were many changes of peers, how are handled the issue of language, what is the most talked about?

-When I arrived the first year, there were four or five who spoke Spanish, then speak much English, in the last two or three years dominated logically mother language, but in the last season came many French and hear much French.

And having so many French on campus? Team dynamics changed or they joined the frenzy of the Premier?

-All French adapted well to the rhythm. The first year costs a bit, is that normal. Perhaps the first games out the plays that you try, and then began a phase where more difficult to do everything. But all are doing very well. Everyone has a great ability to be here.

- Coloccini is the means of communication with the French?

-All helped, but of course that Colo is the captain and that's important. He is the voice of the locker room and everyone respects him a lot.

-When told that he could go to San Lorenzo, did you feel losing much if migrating?

-Look, Colo I think a great player and a great person. It is essential for our defense is our captain, commanding voice. There are many things that has won over so many years. The fact of losing it could have been very difficult, but football change much, one can not know what will happen. Today is here in Newcastle and hopefully it will for many years to come.

- What you incorporated the life of your Argentine customs England?

-Not too much. It can be done a lot of things we do in Argentina. What is good is that it ends early. Perhaps you want to go for a drink and you can do it, because you just go home early and you can rest well. Out there in Argentina or Spain, all longer.

- Studying In Europe you finished?

-If, as I think I formed terminás never as a player, there's always things to learn. While no doubt that the move to Europe is significant. They are different things, is highly regarded in Europe as a job, you find yourself out there with bigger people on campuses. In Argentina in the locker room the guys are very present and that makes a little difference.

-You're one of the players who was always Argentina national team, not so much at this stage, but

yes in the last World Cup, national team? Extrañás?

'I always raise things in the same way: not obsess. I have clear that the returns on your club are you selected doors open, so I want to concentrate on doing a good year in my club. Once that happens, the other will be closer, while there is no question of that.

- You want your career to end up in England or want to return to Argentina?

-I want to return to Argentina. I love to be in this club many years. But I also know that when you can not give one hundred percent, it costs me up, I can not keep fooling me. And today, the Premier is very demanding, very physical. And look, when you have 33 or 34 years, if one is physically to continue supporting that level.

-They are obliged to improve what they did last season.

-No doubt. I think we all learned from what we did last season. We have good players and we will certainly look to be higher up the league.

Guest hobshobs

Unbelievable.

Via Rupert Fryer

@Rupert_Fryer: Jonas Guttierez: "The Premier League is really tough so when I can't play at 100%, I will return to Argentina” (via @GoalArgentina) #nufc

Full quote -

Interview in Spanish - http://www.goal.com/es-ar/news/4442/argentinos-por-el-mundo/2013/07/07/4101101/quiero-volver-a-la-argentina

- You want your career to end up in England or want to return to Argentina?

-I want to return to Argentina. I love to be in this club many years. But I also know that when you can not give one hundred percent, it costs me up, I can not keep fooling me. And today, the Premier is very demanding, very physical. And look, when you have 33 or 34 years, if one is physically to continue supporting that level.

Guest VanBarduck

The only quality he has , is his ball retention , which is not a quality in PL. At least he could be a decent number 6 in La Liga.

The only quality he has , is his ball retention , which is not a quality in PL. At least he could be a decent number 6 in La Liga.

I would argue that ball retention is certainly a quality for the premierleague and it definitely isnt Jonas' best attribute.

Guest neesy111

The fact is, creating chances has been a huge problem for us all last season and was arguably it was to a lesser extent when we finish 5th if you look into the stats.  Jonas plays in the 1 of the 2/3 positions that is vital for the creation of chances.  If the manager can't see past replacing him, then it shows what a clueless idiot he is.

I won't have a bad word to say about his effort for the cause, teamwork etc.  I will have bad words about his effectiveness as a player on a team.