Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

just reading this thread.......... i have to shake my head at some of the stupidity

Give us a clue. The positive stupidity or the negative stupidity.

limited ability and the beckham nonsense....

He does have limited ability. If his ability was limitless he'd be the best player in the world.

There are times he struggles to produce an end product, no amount of rose-tinted specs should prevent one from noticing that.

That said he does bring a lot to the team.

Personally, I've thought in the past, it's nowhere enough to justify his place sometimes. However, as already stated, he could shine with the better players around him.

Not sure how we accommodate them all now though. 4-3-3 anyone?

Have to say I can find it frustrating when possession breaks down around him sometimes, because of a weak cross or shot. But he does have excellent qualities. As others have said - his professionalism, comittment, workrate and dribbling skills are second to none and make him a wonderful team player.

Surprised (though delighted) with the new contract as I saw him being phased out of the first team by Marveaux over the next couple of months and a prime candidate to be sold. But this doesn't look like that at all, and maybe it's a sign that there really is some squad building going on here. If Colo signs as well, it will be all positive.

I thought he was our worst player on saturday, doesn't stop me thinking that this is a great move for the club.

In fact, the most pleasing thing is that the club have given a 28 year old a four year contract, this club never fails to amaze me.

If Colo signs too, it will literally make my season.

Why do we have to accomodate them all? We can do with a squad, like. This "limited" bull going on is silly as well. He is an important player, especially with us having Raylor/a new lad at left back. Just f***ing enjoy a dedicated first teamer/great squad player signing a new contract.

In his first season didn't Jonas have like two great assist for that little twat Owen against Stoke? Remember at least one through ball which put Owen in front of goal.

In a team with strikers who ove their arse, he'd be much better than he is currently. Think he will improve this season a lot when HBArfa plays.

just reading this thread.......... i have to shake my head at some of the stupidity

Give us a clue. The positive stupidity or the negative stupidity.

limited ability and the beckham nonsense....

He does have limited ability. If his ability was limitless he'd be the best player in the world.

There are times he struggles to produce an end product, no amount of rose-tinted specs should prevent one from noticing that.

That said he does bring a lot to the team.

Personally, I've thought in the past, it's nowhere enough to justify his place sometimes. However, as already stated, he could shine with the better players around him.

Not sure how we accommodate them all now though. 4-3-3 anyone?

The way I look at it is we have given a good player who has been important to us a new contract. He's no world beater but his pace and hard work defensively make him an invaluable squad player who will no doubt be used in games where we might not have as much possession, and away games. Marveaux and Ben Arfa are higher quality end product players but that doesn't mean they'll walk into the team or be able to bring the qualities he does in certain matches. There's definitely a place for Jonas in the new look NUFC squad, limited or otherwise.

In his first season didn't Jonas have like two great assist for that little t*** Owen against Stoke? Remember at least one through ball which put Owen in front of goal.

In a team with strikers who ove their arse, he'd be much better than he is currently. Think he will improve this season a lot when HBArfa plays.

Getting a little tired of hearing about how good Jonas would be if so-and-so was in the team. I like him, but his failings are his own.

In his first season didn't Jonas have like two great assist for that little t*** Owen against Stoke? Remember at least one through ball which put Owen in front of goal.

Getting a little tired of hearing about how good Jonas would be if so-and-so was in the team. I like him, but his failings are his own.

Are you happy that he has a new deal?

Guest Dontooner

Great news... we will need a big squad...some of our players are prone to injuries....That how you create a winning team...

Funny that Newcastle is enjoying alot of positive news recently ( Except for Ranger and vandalism to our stadium)

Wow, wasn't expecting that, more the full four years than anything else.

Puts a new light on the Barton/Nolan antics as there was clearly way more than age taken into consideration. Almost looks like a middle finger from the club to our departed.

Jonas must have been asking for considerably less than both Nolan and Barton and causes less headaches for the guys upstairs.

Overall fantastic news, tie Colo down immediately and I will be over the moon.