Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest firetotheworks

Everyone's applauding his defending and work ethic from last night and rightly so, it was outstanding, but I also thought his use of the ball and his subtle trickery to open up space was seriously special. The best defensive performance I've seen from a winger. Just truly brilliant.

Fucking love Jonas' Twitter - "vamos newcastle come on newcastle" every time!

Have to say, it's as if the departure of Enrique has been a catalyst for both an increase in defensive effort/responsibility (which was superb anyway) and offensive urgency/profligacy.

I was shocked by his English, I'm sure he was interviewed post match some time early this season and it was ok but still quite hard to understand and for him to get across what he wanted to, now it's really excellent.

Nah. He's spoken very good English for quite some time now.

I was shocked by his English, I'm sure he was interviewed post match some time early this season and it was ok but still quite hard to understand and for him to get across what he wanted to, now it's really excellent.

his English is excellent but I struggle with the accent now and then (on the other hand I struggle with making sense of some Scottish accents so perhaps I'm not a good guide)

Has been absolutely outstanding the last few games. 

Really can't remember a winger who works as hard for the team as Jonas does.

I'm sure the quality on the bench this season is raising everyone's game, but his form is just fantastic at the moment.

Guest Howaythetoon

Sometimes you just have to accept a player for what they are or rather what they are not and Jonas will never be a free scoring goal creating machine of a winger but my god he will run his arse off and defend, defend and defend and more importantly he'll pick the ball up and run at the opposition, taking us many many yards upfield and away from danger or into dangerous areas. He may not directly create goals but his play allows us as a team to attack teams and score goals. he and Colo are our best players this season for me and along with Tiote and Krul the first names on the team sheet for me. His final ball pisses me off and I wish he would score more but when I weigh up all the pros and cons of his game the pros far outweight the cons and while we could go and buy a winger who will score more goals and create more gols directly we'd struggle to find someone who can defend as well as Jonas, who will help his full-back more, who will be such a good outlet for us.

Where can I see the Jonas interview? Never heard him speak.

I was a big critic of him in his first year but in this calendar year he's been brilliant.