Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest VaVaVoom

I love Jonas, always have, but he needs to remember he is an attacker. We all love him for what he does going back, but last few games we havent seen him in the opposition half too much. Lets getting him pushing up.

That's not really his fault though, he's obviously been told to protect Ryan Taylor - especially against the good teams.

Of course. But against Everton there was need for him to sit back for such long periods, although I think he was pretty f***ed that day. And City, didnt see him get out of his own half much.

We've pretty much played without a left midfielder the last 3 games. Got us 6 points of course, but just hope it doesnt become a permanant fixture.

Aye, I know what you mean, I want to see Jonas getting forward much more as well. Might not happen against Man Utd and Chelsea mind.

Guess it will be easier when we finally face facts and drop Raylor for Santon.

Yeah, I was going to say that actually. If Raylor needs protected so much in every game, then really.... he shouldnt be in the team.

This.

It is these kind of games Jonas can be at his dangerous direct best.

Guest firetotheworks

Missed him dearly today. Lovenkrands was good for him today but still wasn't a patch on what we get from Jonas.

a big miss yes, but he's been awful since the Stoke match so not sure he would've made a difference if he had performed like that today.

:thup: Would've probably just been channelling the spirits of Loven for the whole 90 minutes, wouldn't have given Raylor any more protection from being raped all match long at all.

a big miss yes, but he's been awful since the Stoke match so not sure he would've made a difference if he had performed like that today.

:thup: Would've probably just been channelling the spirits of Loven for the whole 90 minutes, wouldn't have given Raylor any more protection from being raped all match long at all.

Shit?

going forward YES bt only because he was playing as a LB for most of the tie time AND the difference he would have made today if that Sturrage would have been able to do what the fuck he wanted.

Shit?

going forward YES bt only because he was playing as a LB for most of the tie time AND the difference he would have made today if that Sturrage would have been able to do what the fuck he wanted.

Jonas has been really poor even in a defensive capacity for the last 3 games. Raylor "missed" the usual contribution from Jonas against Man City and he was playing! Epic Stoke performance seemed to drain him a bit, hopefully he'll come back from his suspension refreshed.

Bored with this argument.

Lovenkrands did more attacking in one game than Jonas has done all season. Constantly up field and out wide making himself a target for some great balls.

Also did one run in the first half that had it been Ben Arfa, the internet would have melted.

I want a winger to attack not defend. If the defender is not good enough get rid, but dont fanny about with no attacker and two defenders.

Bored with this argument.

Lovenkrands did more attacking in one game than Jonas has done all season. Constantly up field and out wide making himself a target for some great balls.

Also did one run in the first half that had it been Ben Arfa, the internet would have melted.

I want a winger to attack not defend. If the defender is not good enough get rid, but dont fanny about with no attacker and two defenders.

:fool: