Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Anita is better, rather play him in the position that Jonas played against Villa.

Of course he is. It's all about having players in the team able to keep possession, especially under pressure, which is inevitable against teams like Chelsea. I can live with Taylor playing although I want MYM in the team asap (I'm guessing he wanted to start games when he signed). I thought Taylor was decent vs Villa. However the same can't be said about Jonas.

Every game he looks physically wrecked by about 65 minutes, he could definitely do with a week or two out of the team for that reason amongst others.

Definitely. He still has a role to play at the club for sure. For me he is only to be played in the midfield 'water-carrier' role or if we need a heavily defensive winger. Needs a rest though that is for sure.

People talk about him and that he needs a rest? For how long? A year or what? He's had decent rest time imo.

Every excuse under the sun has been made about him. I know he's a fantastic guy but it amazes me how much he gets away with.

Guest neesy111

People talk about him and that he needs a rest? For how long? A year or what? He's had decent rest time imo.

Every excuse under the sun has been made about him. I know he's a fantastic guy but it amazes me how much he gets away with.

:sadnod:

Anita is better, rather play him in the position that Jonas played against Villa.

Anita plays more centrally, Jonas is more like protection for the left back. No doubt that Anita's a better player but is it even the same position? Hard to tell with Pardew's formations tbh.

Anita plays more centrally, Jonas is more like protection for the left back. No doubt that Anita's a better player but is it even the same position? Hard to tell with Pardew's formations tbh.

Yes, Anita is normally a central player. But he's capable of playing wide as he's got decent pace (has played decently at RB)

He's not a natural goal scorer by any means, and neither is Jonas, and i have more faith in his final ball compared to Jonas. At least he's good when

it comes to possession, doesn't slow the play down or lose the ball as often as Jonas. No brainer for me between these two, no matter what position.

Guest palnese

Anita would do a better job than Jonas out wide, that's for sure.

Wide right, maybe, not so sure about on the left.

He often played left back at Ajax. I'm sure he could cope with a left midfield position.

Anita would do a better job than Jonas out wide, that's for sure.

Wide right, maybe, not so sure about on the left.

He often played left back at Ajax. I'm sure he could cope with a left midfield position.

In that case I'd agree.