Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Never understand the hate for Jonas. He's been a fantastic professional in his time here, and his partnership with Enrique on the left was a stand out feature for quite a while. He's obviously limited in terms of creativity and attacking flair, but we got him for a relatively low fee (tribunal) and he hasn't let anybody down in my opinion.

Nobody hates him, he's just crap and has been for most of his time here.

Ah, "useless bastard" must be a sign of affection in the Ronaldo household. In all seriousness, he's not crap, he's average, and he certainly hasn't been crap for most of his time here. In fact, for two or three seasons him and Enrique on that left wing were the best thing about us by some distance.

Which 2 or 3 seasons was this? Given that they only played together for 3 seasons and we went down in one and were in the Championship in another.

Average. Aye, OK. Love to know how many average PL wingers go over 50 games without an assist.

Which 2 or 3 seasons was this? Given that they only played together for 3 seasons and we went down in one and were in the Championship in another.

Average. Aye, OK. Love to know how many average PL wingers go over 50 games without an assist.

You afforded Colo a season to get up to speed in the Premiership in our relegation season, so yes I will include that season as Jonas was nowhere near as bad as him and one of our bright spots. In the Championship (you can only beat what's in front of you) he was very good alongside Enrique, as he was in our fifth place season. So yes, that makes two to three seasons by my reckoning in which he was far from crap. Jonas does not provide enough end product unfortunately, but he does bring other things to the table, which have proved very effective combined with an attacking wing back. It's no coincidence Jonas' form dipped as soon as we lost Enrique.

He was decent in the Championship and has consistently struggled in the Premier League. No coincidence we're playing the best and most effective football since Bobby with him out of the side.

:facepalm:

Not like you at all to be so fucking adamant about something that isn't nearly as clear cut as you'd like to think. :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

To be fair - I always subsidise Ronaldo's opinion with the fact he really rates Steven Taylor.

So take it with a pinch of salt. :thup:

Will leave the club with my respect (because that means a lot obviously). Frustrating as fuck but he was the mythical player Alan Smith was regularly claimed to be by those who didn't follow Newcastle. Worked hard and was useful at times. Always felt he had the ability to do far more attacking wise but rarely got there.

To be fair - I always subsidise Ronaldo's opinion with the fact he really rates Steven Taylor.

Aye, I rate him so much I've consistently advocated selling and replacing him for the past 7 years. Tool.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aye, I rate him so much I've consistently advocated selling and replacing him for the past 7 years. Tool.

;D

Jonas has been such an important player for us, LB's must have loved him being in front of them. He released so much pressure of us by just legging it ip the line with the ball, never backed out of being kicked in the air for the cause. Yeah ok not enough goals or assists but I have nothing but fondness for Jonas.

Jonas has been such an important player for us, LB's must have loved him being in front of them. He released so much pressure of us by just legging it ip the line with the ball, never backed out of being kicked in the air for the cause. Yeah ok not enough goals or assists but I have nothing but fondness for Jonas.

:thup:

An ostensibly attacking player with a career goalscoring rate of less than 1 in 20.

A similar record to Shola then over the last 4 or 5 years.  Jonas is limited but he's usually worked his bollocks off for us, I'm glad he's no longer playing but I have nothing against him.