Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Well even if he is, £3m is a very low fee for a Premier League club.

I'm not saying it's a brilliant fee, nor am I really laughing about it either, but it's about twice as much as I thought we would get for him. If there's any truth in that clause in his contract (I highly doubt it, mind), then I would have thought we would be willing to give him away pretty much on a free.

I am probably one of his harshest critics mind, so maybe my opinion should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Guest Roger Kint

The fee plus about £2.5m+ in wages and stuff for a player we clearly werent going to use is a canny deal really.

<Guess who wins again>

£3m is a good fee for someone who isn't good enough to play in the Premier League anymore. Obviously it's irrelevant given it goes straight into the pocket of the fatman, but I still think it's a very good fee.

Well I think it's just another example of people's expectations being driven into the ground. £3m on a player is pocket change for Premier League clubs these days, yet to us it feels like a pretty big gamble for Norwich. He'll be a squad player for them at worst, and that's not a bad deal at all.

Nowt to do with expectations for me. I think Jonas isn't good enough to play for us, and is very unlikely to get in the team given we have adequate depth in his position. For £3m we could replace him with a younger player who may actually become something. £3m is more than enough to buy a potentially talented player from some obscure team we've never heard of. Honestly, I'd prefer a handful of random Mbabu types than Jonas. There is no point in him being in the squad.

Obviously we won't, but still, £3m is still good money when it comes to buying fringe types.

Guest Roger Kint

Nowt to do with expectations for me. I think Jonas isn't good enough to play for us, and is very unlikely to get in the team given we have adequate depth in his position. For £3m we could replace him with a younger player who may actually become something. £3m is more than enough to buy a potentially talented player from some obscure team we've never heard of. Honestly, I'd prefer a handful of random Mbabu types than Jonas. There is no point in him being in the squad.

Obviously we won't, but still, £3m is still good money when it comes to buying fringe types.

Agree with this, sadly also with the lack of new signings. Plus the £40k+ a week savings on a player we have no interest in using cant be bad.

Nobody's laughing at Norwich paying £3m for a squad player are they?  Theres just some surprise that we can get even £3m for a player that some believe isnt good enough to play in the league anymore and far from a useful squad player for us.

Well I think it's just another example of people's expectations being driven into the ground. £3m on a player is pocket change for Premier League clubs these days, yet to us it feels like a pretty big gamble for Norwich. He'll be a squad player for them at worst, and that's not a bad deal at all.

I'd imagine he is a good guy to have around the club and at training etc too. He's a good professional and gives 100%.

Look at this guy. £3m pocket change? :lol:

Besides that incredible comment, given Jonas ability, age and wages, I'd say £3m is a great deal on paper. (Provided that it is all invested in a new player....oh...)