Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Is that in any way related to being banished to train with the reserves and excluded from the squad?  I suspect he has made a request based on what he has been told about his future.

There are ways to treat people - with dignity and professionalism. Currently it seems as if we have not managed to do this.

Its one thing to banish a player from the squad without reason, send him out on loan and not need him back, not even in the country, for the new season.

That treatment of Jonas has been disgraceful and you wonder if he was another to stand up to Pardew.

However, after all that, why name him in the 25. Is it just a case of wanting to avoid the awkwardness of not having a full list when he has let two go on deadline day?

Does Jonas being named, rule out the possibility of someone out of contract signing up now before January?

I agree with dropping him but there's ways of doing it. Jonas reckons Pardew didn't even explain it.

I hope he finds a club, in the next transfer window and gets playing again, as it must be awful as a professional to not be involved.

To be honest, whether or not people think Jonas is any good or not, the way he has been treated is classless.  So utterly befitting of the regime we have.

This is it.

If you're of no value to Ashley then you're finished.

Same with HBA, as soon as his asset value was gone, so was he.

More trouble than it's worth. I'm not comfortable defending any management/club decision but keeping him around only causes problems, from their perspective.

How does keeping a player around "only cause problems?" Not doing so looks absolutely horrific from their perspective imo.

He's on our books and in our squad, he should be with the squad regardless of whether or not he'll ever get on the pitch. It's not like he's an arsehole.

Guest TruToon94

Jonas was pretty good for us until the fifth placed season then his legs completely went the next season, it was like watching a different player. When he played well so did the whole team and his workrate was good but he was completely blown to bits in terms of ability by thirty when he should have been sold. I imagine at a league one side he could do a good job. Always liked him and he clearly respected the club, just a shame he completely lost it and had his reputation dragged through the mud by having a manager continue to pick him no matter what despite the fact it was clear he should be on the bench.

To be honest even if he is claiming a high wage packet, good on him. Nothing better than to see Ashley have to pay out high wages for a completely surplus player. Hopefully he might end up a decent coach and come back home eventually.

Guest firetotheworks

Not liking a player isn't a reason to dislike someone as a human being, Ronny.

I despised Smith as a player and I ended up hating Jonas as a player, but with Jonas in particular the treatment has been classless as usual from the club. It shouldn't be in any way vindicated because of our own dislike of him as a player.

Not liking a player isn't a reason to dislike someone as a human being, Ronny.

I despised Smith as a player and I ended up hating Jonas as a player, but with Jonas in particular the treatment has been classless as usual from the club. It shouldn't be in any way vindicated because of our own dislike of him as a player.

:thup: Spot on. He's actually being treated even worse than HBA, despite giving us several years of decent service and always being a complete pro.

Our club is run by such a set of cunts it's beyond ridiculous.