Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Can't help but think this is another Harris and associates move to lighten the potential (non) atmosphere on Sat.

They've always got a few more cards. Raylor could make another return from injury soon.

They did that one last Saturday.

Could always injure himself again.  This just reminded me how he came to be injured last time :lol:

“I’d be mad not to tap in to his expertise and his personality because he is a character, I’d be daft not to use that,” he said.

“Listen, I’m telling you now, when we announce the team at the weekend and our fans hear that Jonas is on the bench, can you imagine the feeling in the stadium?

“There is going to be a feel-good factor. But I’m not doing it for that reason, I’m doing it for football reasons and he’s ready to be involved in the Premier League.

“Our fans don’t sing about you unless you’re a character.

“There’s that song about him on 18 minutes and rightly so, because he’s been a good servant. He still has something to offer.”

This was two days ago:

"A little bit of it is in his hands. He can play, but you know when you're ready to go at Premier League level," he said. "I am waiting for the right time and it's not right at the moment.

"I can see that on the training ground. He has come back from a serious situation and I'm not putting any pressure on him."

Just what the fuck is going on with Carver?

Surely it can only be that he runs his mouth off and then Charnley has to come and have a word with him and then sends him out to make the U-turn? It must be that or Jonas had the best ever training session known to man on Wednesday and started playing like Messi.

“I’d be mad not to tap in to his expertise and his personality because he is a character, I’d be daft not to use that,” he said.

“Listen, I’m telling you now, when we announce the team at the weekend and our fans hear that Jonas is on the bench, can you imagine the feeling in the stadium?

“There is going to be a feel-good factor. But I’m not doing it for that reason, I’m doing it for football reasons and he’s ready to be involved in the Premier League.

“There’s that song about him on 18 minutes and rightly so, because he’s been a good servant. He still has something to offer.”

This was two days ago:

"A little bit of it is in his hands. He can play, but you know when you're ready to go at Premier League level," he said. "I am waiting for the right time and it's not right at the moment.

"I can see that on the training ground. He has come back from a serious situation and I'm not putting any pressure on him."

Surely it can only be that he runs his mouth off and then Charnley has to come and have a word with him and then sends him out to make the U-turn? It must be that or Jonas had the best ever training session known to man on Wednesday and started playing like Messi.

probably just received orders that he could now play Jonas as there isn't enough games left for an automatic contract extension.

Guest Roger Kint

This was two days ago:

Easy decision for them after reading thousands of dribbling idiots on twitter demanding he plays and calling him a legend and great player every day. Club arent going to miss a chance to use that. Theres people saying he should be on the bench on here too :lol:

Listen, he's got to be a better bet than Gouffran.  Let me tell you, anything that knocks that useless count down the pecking order is a good thing.

Start with a midfield 3 of Abeid, Sissoko and Anita and have Jonas as cover.  Only other realistic option we have is Kemen anyway.

I know I've been manipulated emotionally - but really looking forward to seeing this dafty today

:thup:

Can't wait to see the reception he gets when he starts warming up, will be brilliant.

Very contrived that he started warming up on 17.55 minutes mind.