Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

I think the increased movement that the new players bring will be a massive plus for Jonas as he'll not have to keep looking for Enrique (if he's still here) to pass to.

It will be, so many times you would you see players double up on him last season because he would be the only one willing to run with it from midfield, Having Ben Arfa should hopefully put an end to so much of that.

Hear hear. We've been such an imbalanced side for so long, It became rather obvious that the majority of our attacks generally would come down the left hand side. Hopefully we'll have a bit more natural width now, certainly in home matches. 

So you think as its Shola in the box who isnt going to make a run you say options 1 and 2 are kick it into empty space or keep it and lose it? Ahead of trying to find him and seeing if he can do something or the ball may drop to someone else? Fair enough. Guess we agree to disagree then.

Moving into space should be basic for any footballer who is looking to receive the ball.

Ok for the cheap seats. Its Shola we are talking about ffs what you expect to be done is irrelevant if playing alongside him you should really play to what he will do rather than what you know he wont. Like questioning his ability to stay onside, we all know it but it wont f***ing change.

I wasn't trying to start an argument more prove the problem is not jonas. You've finally more or less agreed

So you think as its Shola in the box who isnt going to make a run you say options 1 and 2 are kick it into empty space or keep it and lose it? Ahead of trying to find him and seeing if he can do something or the ball may drop to someone else? Fair enough. Guess we agree to disagree then.

Moving into space should be basic for any footballer who is looking to receive the ball.

Ok for the cheap seats. Its Shola we are talking about ffs what you expect to be done is irrelevant if playing alongside him you should really play to what he will do rather than what you know he wont. Like questioning his ability to stay onside, we all know it but it wont f***ing change.

I wasn't trying to start an argument more prove the problem is not jonas. You've finally more or less agreed

we got a bit of tension going on

Guest Roger Kint

Wow you really dont know whats going on do you?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ykmkmdd

Apparently started the match at left back last night - just a one-off, or is Pardew maybe thinking of using him there longer term?

Guest Roger Kint

Apparently started the match at left back last night - just a one-off, or is Pardew maybe thinking of using him there longer term?

Enrique/Fergie not playing so he picked a first team player who needs match fitness rather than one of the kids, of course he isnt going to use him there long term

Was wondering who started at LB last night given Enrique and Ferguson being injured.

So, we're going back to the days of having left-wingers as left-backs... tbh, I think Jonas will do a much better job that Duff or N'Zogbia ever did in that position - especially playing alongside Colo.

• 2 weeks later...

Can see him filling in at left-back this season. Didn't he play there against Darlo?

He played Right Back for Argentina at the World Cup and was atrocious.

"He has experience of playing at wing-back at international level, so he can play there for us."

Edit: "Jonas Gutierrez happy to help at left-back"

Jonas told the Chronicle: “I’ve always said that I will play anywhere for the team and perform whatever role the manager asks me to.

“Playing further back won’t be a problem for me.

“I would be comfortable wherever the manager wants me to play.

“I have played there for Argentina, and it would not be an unusual thing to do.

“The main thing is picking up points and wins for the team.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/03/17/jonas-gutierrez-happy-to-help-at-left-back-72703-28353023/#ixzz1Txe5KrXG

:memelol:

Guest hobshobs

Accident waiting to happen if he does. Our best player at going forward with the ball from midfield still too. Anyway :jonas:

Not trying to be funny but off the top of my head in over three years I can't honestly remember having seen Nolan dribble past someone and break from midfield with the ball.