Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Been alluded to earlier but a player who really can only play one role in the front 6 whilst on first team wages is a luxury we can do without. I don't necessarily agree with him being shipped out because I love Jonas but with marveaux/Ben arfa and Ferguson all able to play his role as well as others he's unfortunately expendable.

There are only 3 unsellable in my opinion, Ben arfa, tiote and Colo. Having said that with colo wages I can envisage a situation where he can be sold. Unfortunately.

Guest firetotheworks

Jonas can play right wing and when he does he's often not as direct, but his final ball improves. He's not exclusively a one position only player at all imo.

Jonas can play right wing and when he does he's often not as direct, but his final ball improves. He's not exclusively a one position only player at all imo.

People have obviously forgotten where he played in the Chelsea game too.

Been alluded to earlier but a player who really can only play one role in the front 6 whilst on first team wages is a luxury we can do without. I don't necessarily agree with him being shipped out because I love Jonas but with marveaux/Ben arfa and Ferguson all able to play his role as well as others he's unfortunately expendable.

There are only 3 unsellable in my opinion, Ben arfa, tiote and Colo. Having said that with colo wages I can envisage a situation where he can be sold. Unfortunately.

Ben Arfa who has four appearances for us? He obviously looks a fantastic talent but fucking hell.

Let's just change the entire team and squad. For nothing. :lol:

All true I suppose but will we be playing with wingers next season? I personally don't think we will. I'd love for him to be here as a 25 minute impact sub but we're not at the stage yet where we can afford first team wages sitting on the bench.

Ben Arfa is quite clearly our best player. Selling him would both deflate the fans and hurt the team.

On the basis of natural talent it appears so, yes. But it's still just four appearances, and we still don't know if he'll ever be the same player. That's why he only cost us £5.75m. Bonkers to put him that high up if you ask me.

Before some mug comes along and says I think we should sell him then I absolutely do not, but I can't see much reason to class him as unsellable at this point in time.

Jonas if not playing IMO is the perfect player to have on the bench, strong and quick across the front line against tiring defences to draw fouls/make chances is surely perfect. We'd be mad to get rid although it seems if you're not a first team star you're not allowed more than a Champ salary unfortuntately. Oh for a squad...

Jonas if not playing IMO is the perfect player to have on the bench, strong and quick across the front line against tiring defences to draw fouls/make chances is surely perfect. We'd be mad to get rid although it seems if you're not a first team star you're not allowed more than a Champ salary unfortuntately. Oh for a squad...

I would have thought that's what Marveaux would be used for.

Ben Arfa is quite clearly our best player. Selling him would both deflate the fans and hurt the team.

On the basis of natural talent it appears so, yes. But it's still just four appearances, and we still don't know if he'll ever be the same player. That's why he only cost us £5.75m. Bonkers to put him that high up if you ask me.

Before some mug comes along and says I think we should sell him then I absolutely do not, but I can't see much reason to class him as unsellable at this point in time.

Come on Dave, make up your mind, he's either far too good for us and will never sign in a million years (repeat ad nauseum) or he's a sellable asset because we'be only see him play for us 4 times (forgetting the fact he's played over 130 times in his career, some at the very highest level).

Genuine talent is a rare commodity at this club, Ben arfa is arguably one of the most gifted players in the premiership, it wouldn't even be an exaggeration to say in Europe as well, on that potential alone it makes him unsellable.

Absolutely no idea where that first paragraph came from, but I agree to disagree - at this stage anyway. Hopefully he'll prove to be that important to us, though if he is then I see no reason why he'll not be sold when a bid 'too good to turn down' comes in.

There's nobody unsellable at the club, and it's becoming increasingly obvious that there's no point getting attached to any player. I just hope Pardew (or whoever is next) is capable of juggling the turnover of playing staff.

I would have thought that's what Marveaux would be used for.

Marveaux looks to be a  better player in the opposition penalty area, whereas Jonas' best work is everywhere else. Don't really see the comparison tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno why everyone's assuming he'll be on the bench. It's very rare that you don't have at least one flop signing per season and we know what we're getting with Jonas/he's been at his best when his place has been under threat. There's every chance that he'll get his chance and make the place his. With a good forward line I think we'll see his true quality.

Absolutely no idea where that first paragraph came from, but I agree to disagree - at this stage anyway.

Fair enough, im sure its pretty prevalent in the early stages of this thread, ie the whole idea of him coming here is nonsense (usual cyniscm), either way, if he's too good to come here then he's too good to sell.

I'm not digging up posts, because point scoring is for pricks, besides I have a post saying I wouldn't mind seeing Jonas as rb, there'd be no coming back from that death blow.

Would be gutted if we lost Jonas this summer.

If he ends up sitting on the bench now and again then so what?  When was the last time a good player decided to leave us for want of more first team football?  This club seems determined to get to a point every season where Peter Ramage plays left back or Ryan Taylor plays central midfield.

Absolutely no idea where that first paragraph came from, but I agree to disagree - at this stage anyway. Hopefully he'll prove to be that important to us, though if he is then I see no reason why he'll not be sold when a bid 'too good to turn down' comes in.

There's nobody unsellable at the club, and it's becoming increasingly obvious that there's no point getting attached to any player. I just hope Pardew (or whoever is next) is capable of juggling the turnover of playing staff.

I see, we're talking about slightly different things here, all my original post was saying that that in my opinion out the whole squad only those 3 were unsellable, or rather should be unsellable.

For what its worth, I actually agree that everyone is sellable as things stand at this club.

I see, we're talking about slightly different things here, all my original post was saying that that in my opinion out the whole squad only those 3 were unsellable, or rather should be unsellable.

For what its worth, I actually agree that everyone is sellable as things stand at this club.

As things have always stood at this club.

As things have always stood at this club.

And at every club bar real Madrid and Barcelona.

Not much of a threat, though. His defensive contribution is the main reason i'd keep him.

Watching us without Gutierrez on the pitch in the last 2 years has been painful from an attacking point of view.

Until we know for sure that Marveaux / Ben Arfa can cut it and stay fit then we can't get rid of him.  If we sign N'Zogbia then I'd probably be able to accept it since he's a proven Premier League player with a good fitness record.

Not much of a threat, though. His defensive contribution is the main reason i'd keep him.

The way I see it is that his runs down the wing have been one of our effective attacking outlets in the last two seasons. Just wish he would have a consistent end product.