Hahaha

Dave

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1111/2/spurs-eyeing-shock-swoop-newcastle-star

Spurs eyeing shock swoop for Newcastle star

* By talkSPORT

* Monday, September 13

Tottenham are weighing up a £6m January move for Newcastle striker Andy Carroll after having a late enquiry dismissed at the end of the summer transfer window.

The 21-year-old has made a stunning start to the new Premier League season, scoring four goals in Newcastle's first three games including a hat-trick in the stunning 6-0 win over Aston Villa.

His powerful style and strength in the air have caught the eye of Spurs boss Harry Redknapp, who feels he needs a striker who can play on his own up front.

Chairman Daniel Levy is willing to sanction a £6m bid for Carroll if Redknapp decides he wants the youngster to bolster his striking options.

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton tried to sign Spurs forward Robbie Keane on loan during the summer but the Londoners refused to let the Ireland captain leave without a replacement.

Redknapp audaciously tried to secure Carroll in a swap for Keane by making an enquiry for the England under-21 international.

Tottenham's move was quickly rebuffed, but Redknapp will continue to monitor Carroll and could make a bid when the transfer window re-opens in January.

Newcastle are desperate to hang on to their only genuine goalscorer, who has been compared to Geordie legend Alan Shearer.

But Carroll would be interested in a move to Spurs and Toon owner Mike Ashley could be willing to cash in on his prize asset to raise much-needed funds for the cash-strapped club.

Redknapp is considering revising his formation to fit in new signing Rafael Van der Vaart, the Dutch playmaker who signed from Real Madrid for £8m on the final day of the summer transfer window.

None of his current strikers - Jermain Defoe, Peter Crouch, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Robbie Keane - are suited to the role as a lone frontman, which Carroll plays for Newcastle.

Redknapp was desperate for a top class striker during the summer but failed to land any of his three main targets - Edin Dzeko, Diego Forlan and Luis Fabiano.

There would be the biggest riot ever. :lol:

Love the assumption that Carroll would be interested in the move.  I think he will content to be here for a while yet.

I don't see why not. Tottenham are just a better club than Newcastle at this point in time. Better financial position, better on pitch results, better players, better manager, European exposure, and more prestigious. It's an uprward move for a football. I don't think the boys up top will be interested in letting things proceed that far, though.

Guest malandro

Love the assumption that Carroll would be interested in the move.  I think he will content to be here for a while yet.

An extra £20kpw might interest him.

I don't see why not. Tottenham are just a better club than Newcastle at this point in time. Better financial position, better on pitch results, better players, better manager, European exposure, and more prestigious. It's an uprward move for a football. I don't think the boys up top will be interested in letting things proceed that far, though.

He's a Geordie playing for the club he loves, 1st name on the team sheet and fast becoming a hero to the only fans that will ever matter to him at club level as well as being given the legendary No9 shirt. Not to mention all his friends and family are here as well as his kid. I think you lack basic understanding what it means to him being here and playing for Newcastle and I doubt you will ever fully grasp it either.

He's a Geordie playing for the club he loves, 1st name on the team sheet and fast becoming a hero to the only fans that will ever matter to him at club level as well as being given the legendary No9 shirt. Not to mention all his friends and family are here as well as his kid. I think you lack basic understanding what it means to him being here and playing for Newcastle and I doubt you will ever fully grasp it either.

Exactly.

Carroll will be as loyal to us as Shearer was.

Love the assumption that Carroll would be interested in the move. I think he will content to be here for a while yet.

Man, nonsense. Please take that condescending rubbish elsewhere. Footballers leave their boyhood clubs for greener pastures all of the time. What makes Carroll different from all of these other players? Shearer was here during a different era for the club as well. He came in his mid twenties and the team immediately challenged for the title. When he was nearing the end of his prime (early 30's), the team were in the Champions League. By the time our decline had really set in, the man was nearing retirement. We are not a competitive club right now. If the club's progression doesn't follow the upward trajectory of Carroll's career, he will leave. All of them will. You see it again and again with clubs and their young local players. What exactly makes Newcastle different?

Man, nonsense. Please take that condescending rubbish elsewhere. Footballers leave their boyhood clubs for greener pastures all of the time. What makes Carroll different from all of these other players? Shearer was here during a different era for the club as well. He came in his mid twenties and the team immediately challenged for the title. When he was nearing the end of his prime (early 30's), the team were in the Champions League. By the time our decline had really set in, the man was nearing retirement. We are not a competitive club right now. If the club's progression doesn't follow the upward trajectory of Carroll's career, he will leave. All of them will. You see it again and again with clubs and their young local players. What exactly makes Newcastle different?

If you have to ask you've proven my point.  :rolleyes:

You'll never understand what its like to be Andy Carroll playing for Newcastle because you are not a Geordie, far from it with comments like the utter shite you've just spewed.

If you have to ask you've proven my point.  :rolleyes:

You'll never understand what its like to be Andy Carroll playing for Newcastle because you are not a Geordie, far from it with comments like the utter shite you've just spewed.

Do you think every Geordie feels the same way as you?

:lol: Newcastle is brilliant, I'm sure, but you are really, really going to have to do better than that in explaining to me why someone would be unwilling to leave a place that they love to improve their careers. I'd also like to know why this phenomenon is restricted to Newcastle, when countless players leave the "club that love" every bloody transfer window. I'm sure the local fans feel the same way you do, but it doesn't seem to make a damn of difference.

Honestly, the only was you can know what it's like to be Andy Carroll is to actually be Andy Carroll. You are not inside the man's head.

TT, you need to stop re-enacting A League of Gentlemen sketches on here towards foreigners.

Baba has a point, every fan in the world who has seen their best homegrown players leave will attest to that, or anyone with a brain who has been following football since the dawn of time will attest to that.

Unless you're saying you KNOW Carroll personally, and are privy to all the thoughts that go on inside his head, and from his general demeanour glean that he'd never, ever, come rain or shine, leave the Toon, because, well, foreigners don't know what it feels like to be a Geordie, then we all agree with you, yes.

TT is spot on, as far as that link goes. if Carroll was linked to Man Utd or Chelsea then it would be different, but there's no way the pull of a club like Spurs is stronger than the pull of having the number 9 shirt for his hometown club at this point in time. madness to suggest otherwise.