Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

I reckon Pardew has all but given up now, far too confident/naive at the start of the window.

Probably realises his persuasive skills aren't nearly a match to Ashley's resolve.

Well no one forced him to open his big trap and talk shite. If he wants to persuade Ashley he doesn't need to do it on national tv only to back down like a tit when reality hits home.

Erik Huseklepp? max 1.5 mill and a decent backup imo.

He would be perfect as he can oprate on the wings and as a striker, but Celtic just got their £2.15m bid rejected for him. Don't think hes worth much more than that considering that his contract will expire soon.

No man the bid was a £0.4m + small fees in the future rejected.

Guest labrowski

Per Ciljan Skjelbred is also an option. He is a Newcastle fan.

Yeah but he has been s**** the last 2 seasons.

ffs

He isn't exciting enough anyway. [/taxfree]

Hows Emerton doing this season?

ffs

:lol:

Sidenote, his contract is out this season so if there was ever a time...  :fishing:

Have we been linked yet by the way? It's not really a transfer window without the link.

ffs

:lol:

Sidenote, his contract is out this season so if there was ever a time...  :fishing:

Have we been linked yet by the way? It's not really a transfer window without the link.

You make the link you pillock

Time to get Chucho back over here.

great shout. fantastic little player who would be a perfect partner for carroll. had a massive impact on cameron jerome's game last season due to his brilliant movement, good link play and a touch of spontaneity. reminds me of bellamy a bit.

great shout. fantastic little player who would be a perfect partner for carroll. had a massive impact on cameron jerome's game last season due to his brilliant movement, good link play and a touch of spontaneity. reminds me of bellamy a bit.

I agree, although I don't think he's the kid of signing we'd look at. Couple this with his past 'failure' at Birmingham and I think it's highly unlikely. I put failure in inverted commas because despite his goalscoring record he was very important for Brum last season. Did a lot of the work to make them an effective team, running the channels and linking up play. Replacing him with Zigic/playing Jerome up top on his tod has turned them into a very predictable, cumbersome team IMO.

If FM is anything to go by the lad is out of contract very soon (either July or Jan I can't remember). Personally I think he'd be a good option to consider.

I agree, although I don't think he's the kid of signing we'd look at. Couple this with his past 'failure' at Birmingham and I think it's highly unlikely. I put failure in inverted commas because despite his goalscoring record he was very important for Brum last season. Did a lot of the work to make them an effective team, running the channels and linking up play. Replacing him with Zigic/playing Jerome up top on his tod has turned them into a very predictable, cumbersome team IMO.

If FM is anything to go by the lad is out of contract very soon (either July or Jan I can't remember). Personally I think he'd be a good option to consider.

Possibly. Didn't the Mexicans want a daft fee for him from Brum which is why they didn't sign him full time?

Guest Chubby Jason

better to get joey and jose's contracts sorted if you ask me and save what cash we have for the saner summer market

Cant see us spending much in any market - summer or winter - until Ashley leaves.

They club will only regress while the fat fucker stays.

better to get joey and jose's contracts sorted if you ask me and save what cash we have for the saner summer market

Cant see us spending much in any market - summer or winter - until Ashley leaves.

so really what we need is someone to spend 20mill or so on keeping the place going then another 20mill or so on transfers....happy hunting with that.

Great goalscoring record too

He scored 3 league goals while at for Birmingham. Leave him where he is at.

Doesn't tell the whole story. Decent player.

Agreed. Birmingham were even worse at creating chances than they are this year. Chucho was fantastic. The reason I suggested him is because there was talk of him going on loan to Celtic! What a waste that would be. Definitely good enough for the prem.