Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Víctor Vázquez looks set to leave Barça to try his luck, and apparently is keen on playing abroad and Blackburn have been linked to him.

He was in the same team that Messi, Cesc and Piqué, and at the time he was higher rated than them all but a knee injury curtailed his development. He's been healthy for quite some time now, and ends contract at the end of this season.

Wheres he play? Remember the name but cant think of his position.

Started as a striker, but nowadays he's deployed as attacking midfielder across both sides and in the hole. Have seen him play in the Xavi role in our B team, even, but that's not his best position.

He scored against Kazan earlier this season. Messi used to say he was better than him, which is obviously not true but there was a talent in there and hopefully somebody will give him a chance in the top flight.

If Developing Youth is really the Clubs policy, Why the fuck are we not sniffing around Southamptons Starlets? Lallana or Oxlade-Chamberlain maybe?

If Southampton is turning into a production line, we'd be better off just signing all their scouts and youth coaches and constructing a replica of their training complex.

Erik Huseklepp? max 1.5 mill and a decent backup imo.

He would be perfect as he can oprate on the wings and as a striker, but Celtic just got their £2.15m bid rejected for him. Don't think hes worth much more than that considering that his contract will expire soon.

He would be perfect as he can oprate on the wings and as a striker, but Celtic just got their £2.15m bid rejected for him. Don't think hes worth much more than that considering that his contract will expire soon.

They offered nowhere near £2.15mill. Reports in Norway say that Brann want £2mill and that Celtic offered a deal worth £1mill if they qualified for Europe ect.

They offered nowhere near £2.15mill. Reports in Norway say that Brann want £2mill and that Celtic offered a deal worth £1mill if they qualified for Europe ect.

My bad, you are 100% correct.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/14/alan-pardew-newcastle-sunderland

Ashley's helicopter landed at the club's training ground this week, but a subsequent "transfer summit" failed to produce immediate imports. Indeed, a month that began with talk of David Beckham potentially taking up temporary residence on the right of Newcastle's midfield may, in reality, be more about protecting existing assets, with the St James' Park powerbrokers agreeing to continue rebuffing inquiries for individuals such as Carroll, Joey Barton and José Enrique, while extending certain contracts.

"I had a meeting with the owner and Derek [Llambias, Newcastle's managing director], and the main thing that emerged from it was a desire to keep our core players," Pardew said. "It is nice to be able to bring someone in, but it's proving difficult. January is a window when everyone is looking at deals but wondering if it's really right to go overboard and upset the balance of your squad.

"The most important players are the ones that are doing well for us right now. That's been my focus. We've obviously secured Steven Taylor long-term, Joey's got 18 months to go on his contract, and we want to look at both him and José."

I hate the implication that Pardew had to convince them not to sell our best players. Can see it being the case as well. :undecided:

Oh well, fingers crossed as usual.

Ashley's helicopter landed at the club's training ground this week, but a subsequent "transfer summit" failed to produce immediate imports. Indeed, a month that began with talk of David Beckham potentially taking up temporary residence on the right of Newcastle's midfield may, in reality, be more about protecting existing assets, with the St James' Park powerbrokers agreeing to continue rebuffing inquiries for individuals such as Carroll, Joey Barton and José Enrique, while extending certain contracts.

"I had a meeting with the owner and Derek [Llambias, Newcastle's managing director], and the main thing that emerged from it was a desire to keep our core players," Pardew said. "It is nice to be able to bring someone in, but it's proving difficult. January is a window when everyone is looking at deals but wondering if it's really right to go overboard and upset the balance of your squad.

"The most important players are the ones that are doing well for us right now. That's been my focus. We've obviously secured Steven Taylor long-term, Joey's got 18 months to go on his contract, and we want to look at both him and José."

I hate the implication that Pardew had to convince them not to sell our best players. Can see it being the case as well. :undecided:

I think you're reading too much into that to be honest. Seems to me they realise they need to keep the squad together for the time being (due to the lack of depth) as well as fending off interest for our better players.

It was Pardew that was mouthing off about signing players like Beckham,  Bentley and Keane. If that was never likely he should have done his homework, like he should have at Stevenage.