Everton 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 18/09/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

You could tell our midfield had the game because when they really needed to attack they just started knocking the ball over the MF entirely. Knew (as we all ddi) their LW would cause us trouble but we mostly handled it well until the last 10 seconds!!!

I though Barton and Tiote were a great partnership. Tiote is very good technically, handles the pressure of being closed down well by always being alert to where to lay the ball off to quickly if he needs to. Keeps possession really well. Gave Barton confidence to push on more. I thought those 2 were great tbh.

Guest Alan_Shearer

Well in! I kept the faith and put £5 on us, won £20 :D, cancels out the £20 i lost on the Blackpool game! What a wonder goal too!

Should have gotten more out of that game and won more comfortably.  Too many chances given to them at the end but thankfully they fucked it up.  0-1 flattering to us because apart from that wonder strike we didn't look that dangerous.  The "Shots on Goal" stat might be a biggish number but none of them were dangerous besides Ben Arfa's. 

That said, he and Tiote both looked mint and I think this team could do well once they settle a little more. 

edit: not trying to be negative ... thrilled we won, just thought it was a bit nervy and not at all comfortable.

Should have gotten more out of that game and won more comfortably.  Too many chances given to them at the end but thankfully they f***ed it up.  0-1 flattering to us because apart from that wonder strike we didn't look that dangerous.  The "Shots on Goal" stat might be a biggish number but none of them were dangerous besides Ben Arfa's. 

That said, he and Tiote both looked mint and I think this team could do well once they settle a little more. 

edit: not trying to be negative ... thrilled we won, just thought it was a bit nervy and not at all comfortable.

Everton were at home man and we had a 0-1 lead of course it was going to get nervy especially since the week before they hauled a two goal deficet back against man utd.

Should have gotten more out of that game and won more comfortably.  Too many chances given to them at the end but thankfully they f***ed it up.  0-1 flattering to us because apart from that wonder strike we didn't look that dangerous.  The "Shots on Goal" stat might be a biggish number but none of them were dangerous besides Ben Arfa's. 

As opposed to Everton's onslaught of endless great chances?

Everton were at home man and we had a 0-1 lead of course it was going to get nervy especially since the week before they hauled a two goal deficet back against man utd.

Aye, one (or 2, depends on how you look at it) better than Manu managed. :)

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/104244962.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E631AC54727E10F304811403232696E54CE5E475B12AFF1CBB

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/104244982.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E68B63C2587855C09D811403232696E54CEFA8468A49045A9E