Everton 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 18/09/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Absolutely ecstatic at the moment. An excellent result with an excellent performance to match.

The first half we were outstanding, we were better than Everton in all departments.

Yes, we did ride our luck in the second half, Everton did miss a few chances and were on top (as you would expect), but the work ethic and determination shown from the players today was outstanding. Several times in the past we have crumbled in those situations.

I'm not one for knee-jerking as well, but Ben Arfa is so much more gifted than the rest of our squad, I really do hope he's consistent over the course of the season as he could be the difference between us being relegated and surviving.

Tiote was also outstanding today, a fantastic debut where he showed off his combativeness, drive and a surprising array of passing.

Well at times today we had to hang on but I had no hope of a result the two new lads were outstanding and credit to the club for making those signings.

Tiote & HBA well done lads fkn wonderful stuff.

Happy Krul is going to get a chance but would never have wished an injury on Harps, happy Perch will miss a game the lad is a liability at times, good job he is young and will learn.

Get in, just got in from work and on the way home I knew we were winning but didn't want to check the score in anyway. I'm going to watch MOTD with a smile on my face today. Never did I think we could win this game, a point at best I thought. An excellent result for us.

Apart from 10-15 minutes after the break when they'd clearly had a rocket and the customary heart-in-mouth moments towards the end I thought we were by far the better team. Fucking great.

Ben Arfa was amazing, but Tiote gets MOTM for me.

:snod:

That was great. Absolutly amazing. Ben Arfa was perfect, Tiote was imense and Krul came on and looked as if he'd been between the posts for years.

Great performance even if the ref was shit and btw who was that co commentator? He was terribly bias. Fuck him.