Everton 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 18/09/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Lads & Lasses

I'm asking for help, we had our our family holiday recently (well son went back to uni so it was me and the wife) and we flew back into Newcastle in the early hours of Saturday. Anyway I picked the car up from the on laws just before kick off to find that the car was in the huff so I phoned the RAC. Whilst waiting for them I listened to the commentary on 5 live to find that the we won, played well and thoroughly deserved everything. Then I watched football first!!!!! Who the fook was the scouse co-comenter? He tried to blame Williamson and Barton when hair bare bunch should've been sent off and descirbed the pen on Nolan as Maldini type defending!!!! Please excuse any typos as I'm knackered but I'm pleased on how we played today despite the shite we had to put up with.

Long may it continue. 

Urgh.

Just an off day. Can't believe your fans are doing their nuts again. Thought they'd have learnt by now. Moyes has been brililant for yous.

Course they've been doing their nuts. We lost at home against a side we should be putting to the sword. He's been ace but today was a truly abysmal day.

Urgh.

Just an off day. Can't believe your fans are doing their nuts again. Thought they'd have learnt by now. Moyes has been brililant for yous.

Course rhey've been doing their nuts. We lost at home against a side we should be putting to the sword. He's been ace but today was a truly abysmal day.

Putting to the sword? I wouldn't of thought so. We're Newcastle yer kna, not fucking Wigan or Sunderland.

Course they've been doing their nuts. We lost at home against a side we should be putting to the sword. He's been ace but today was a truly abysmal day.

Maybe the difference between the two teams isn't as big as some think.

It is. And we failed miserably.

It is. And we failed miserably.

Have a word! not knocking too much but Everton's success has been hard work and organisation but your not that good. Again I'm not attacking Everton (despite what it sounds) but the Premiership is not as good as it  thinks it is.

Think Routledge did well today. Dunno if people have mentioned it much, but made himself a right nuisance and pulled players all over (from the bits I saw).

He looks like a Premier League footballer even when he's not setting up goals or whatever.  Happy for him because I was thinking that his Palace form was just a youthful flash in the pan sort of thing, but he looks very capable so far this year from what I've seen.

Everton are generally a well organised team with one or two classy players in defence and midfield. If you compare the two teams player by player there isn't exactly a gulf between the respective strongest XIs, and it showed today.

I was chuffed when we signed Routledge but he's exceeded my expectations up to this point. He was fantastic for us last season and ran the show against Wolves a few weeks back. It's good to hear he's played well today and he's getting a bit of recognition. Very good player who's getting better and better.

A much better result - and, more importantly - much better performance than last week.

Both of the new signings were critical in producing this and although Ben Arfa will rightly take the headlines for his brilliant goal and ball skills, Tiote was just as important to the side in my opinion ; his tackling, movement and passing were basically the reason why we dominated midfield for a large part of the game.

For players who have just played their first full game in the PL, I thought both were superb.

Had both been in the side from the off last week, I have little doubt that the Blackpool result would have been much different.

It must have been more embarrassing in the first half for Everton fans than it was for us last week, because they were almost completely outplayed at home and they can't have any complaints on the day(Neil ..!). Had Carroll been supported by a better player than Nolan up front, they would almost certainly have lost, although they will point to the absence of Tim Cahill.

So - plusses ; HBA and CT, Enrique, Colo, Krul(didn't have much to do apart from collecting high balls). Decent performances by Routledge, esp in supporting the rest of MF,

Minuses - Perch ; another Yellow, we need Simpson or ST back soon.Perch didn't have a bad game,but he picks up needless cards by diving in rashly.

Decent - Barton and Willo, but I have reservations about some of Willo's challenges. We may concede pens in future as refs will be watching for his tendency to hold players in the box. Fellaini was just as guilty for the one which they wanted a pen for late in the game, but there were others....

Barton tends to fade late in games but played quite well.

Ben Arfa gets a big Plus from me as much for his on-field temperament as his undoubted skills ; this will be put to the test over coming weeks as teams become aware of the danger of letting him run.If he has a fault in his play it is that he will tend to hold the ball too long, and I reckon this is why he fell foul of previous management. Our fans will love him though, similar to both Beardo and(almost!)Tony Green..!

7 points from 5 games is OK - its on target and we have pulled back the deficit from last week's defeat.

We now need to keep winning games at home against the less talented sides to keep it going.

Yup - just watched Football First as well. Barry Horne's commentary was so biased towards Everton, it's laughable. Absolute nailed on penalty (the foul on Nolan) as well as his reaction to Fellani hitting Williamson in the face. Awful. :thdn: Makes the victory taste all the sweeter though. :)

Agreed - couldn't believe how biased his commentary was.Probably the worst for bias in years and I don't know how these people get these jobs. If that had been Shearer commentating on Newcastle in that way, the broadcaster would have been bombarded with complaints.....