Everton 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 18/09/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

40-60 posession in the first half says we did a lot more than just 'stifle Everton'. It was one of the most dominant 45 minutes your likely to see from an away team against an apparantly "far superior" side this season.

I'm happy for the fans of Everton & Villa et all to keep on considering us a Championship fodder, makes the 3 points all the more sweater.

Who said that like?

The voices in his head. The same ones that think we have some sort of rivalry with Villa.

This was an excellent team performance and everyone deserves credit. It is a pity wee didnt win 2-0 against Blackpool rather than losing 2-0 because we would be third on 10 points. Never mind though.

We need to keep the run going and beat Stoke next week. Although it wont be easy, I think we have a really good chance considering it looks like Pennant, Jones and Walters may be missing whilst Gudjonnson looks really unfit which may limit their attacking options.

40-60 posession in the first half says we did a lot more than just 'stifle Everton'. It was one of the most dominant 45 minutes your likely to see from an away team against an apparantly "far superior" side this season.

I'm happy for the fans of Everton & Villa et all to keep on considering us a Championship fodder, makes the 3 points all the more sweater.

Who said that like?

Loads on an Everton board I read were saying that.

Thought this was funny from an Everton forum:

The referee was a complete cretin, played advantage every time he should have blown and blew every time he sould have played advantage, and let them kick seven bells out of us.

:lol:

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/30373-Everton-v-Newcastle-United.-Saturday-18th-September-15.00./page63

I can deny that we kicked seven bells out of anybody.

Guest jeffers09

Good game enjoyed the atmosphere, couldnt find my seat so ended up standing by the isle.

Just like to point out the ref was shit gave them everythink the reaction in the away end when he didnt give the penalty think the whole ground new it was a pen apart from him

atmosphere at half time was quialty aswell was like a party

would also like to thank the fan who gave me a free burger in the train station :clap:

Just class all round yesterday. Brilliant atmosphere, the goal, the performance by the whole team especially Tiote. Still can't get my head round why he didn't give the pelanty, it couldn't have been more blatant, thought it was come back and bite us on the arse at the end when they were pressing with the help of the referee but fortunately it didn't, would've been undeserved anyway. Was very impressed with some of our possession football, there was a time in the second half where we must've kept the ball for about 30 passes. Brilliant!

Good banter with the locals after the match in the city centre n all and baiting some mackems watching their match.

Just class all round yesterday. Brilliant atmosphere, the goal, the performance by the whole team especially Tiote. Still can't get my head round why he didn't give the pelanty, it couldn't have been more blatant, thought it was come back and bite us on the arse at the end when they were pressing with the help of the referee but fortunately it didn't, would've been undeserved anyway. Was very impressed with some of our possession football, there was a time in the second half where we must've kept the ball for about 30 passes. Brilliant!

Good banter with the locals after the match in the city centre n all and baiting some mackems watching their match.

The collective anger towards the misjustice of the penalty in the away end was the strongest I've ever seen. There was a moment of shock and then just sheer noise.

Fucking ridiculous decision by all accounts.

The collective anger towards the misjustice of the penalty in the away end was the strongest I've ever seen. There was a moment of shock and then just sheer noise.

Fucking ridiculous decision by all accounts.

Aye, the roar for that was nearly as loud as the goal. Could've understood (to a certain extent) if the ref had been miles away but he was right there looking at it.

Guest Tall Striker

Have to hold my hands up, because at the time I thought it was the tackle of the century. After seeing the replay it was an absolute shocker.

I've just watched a few highlights again, how Horne and the other co-commentator can say that is not a penalty is beyond me.

Love Ben Arfas run and pass to set up Carroll, sublime stuff. He just brushes past Jagielka like he wasn't even there.

Guest firetotheworks

That co-commentator isn't worthy of debate like, I think even the commentator was embarrassed to be sitting next to him, and he himself was spouting shit.