Everton 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 18/09/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Guest sittingontheball

On yesterday's evidence, the only worry now is right back.Perch's suspension might be a blessing if Ryan Taylor can plant a cross or two on Carroll's heed and make the place his, at least till Steven Taylor gets back. Ryan Taylor is limited, but he offers more going forward than Perch.

As for Everton, with an inexperienced sub goalie on, you've got to test him, even if its from distance. For all their second half possession, we let them do very little with it.

Great team performance as a whole. Everybody played their part. But Perch getting his fifth yellow card of the season, that was unnecessary. Maybe its a blessing in disguise. His tackle was terrible and he needs to work on his crosses as well. Maybe Jose could teach him a thing or two. Perch & Routledge on the right doesnt offer much attacking problem.

Locals were great.  Either magnamamous Everton fans or Liverpool fans who were pleased and friendly for obvious reasons.  As for the game, what a gret performance - particularly the first half.  The biggest accolade for how much better we looked is that Enrique didn't look head and shouldre s above the rest of the team, all our players raised their game to his standard.  In the first half there was a fuency to our simple and short passing that I've not seen in a while.  An energy and movement that pulled Everon all over the place.  Second half we were obviously under the cosh and dropped back a bit too much, but I suppose that was to be expected.

Had a cracking day yesterday. A good solid performance from a patched up NOFC in the morning, despite losing 1-0, and an unexpected away win from NUFC in the afternoon.

I thought the key to Everton being so poor was the way we stopped Arteta playing. Every time he got the ball he was either closed down very quickly or crunched. You could see by the end he just wanted to get off the pitch as he was misplacing many passes. Titoe was excellent, MOM in my opinion. Other than Perch I thought everyone played well though, he's just not up to this level. The screeching girl next to me didn't rate Routledge either as she went into dog-whistle frequency every time the ball went near him, but I thought he did ok and gives us something on the break, he's not top class but he's quick and normally available when we are looking to attack.

I said on leaving the stadium that if the Nolan penalty incident wasn't a penalty it was the best tackle I've ever seen. Having reviewed the video evidence it was the clearest penalty I've seen in years. How on earth the ref thought it was a clean tackle is beyond comprehension.

Great support from the travelling fans. Not a lot of competition from the home support who were very quiet. Although it does seem that a percentage of our support are more interested in having a go at the home fans than watching the game. I don't understand that. I mean, I do get it when we score or when they miss a sitter or getting all riled up when there is a foul or a bad decision. But just randomly, in the middle of play, and there is little or nothing in the way of banter or abuse coming back the other way? A few of the guys around me spent pretty much the whole game looking at the home fans rather than the pitch. Next time they should just ask for a ticket in the CCTV room.

EDIT: And as for the gas chamber they call the toilet/refreshment area for away fans, disgusting. It's just not big enough, I don't know if anybody was hurt but there could have been serious problems down there. All it takes is a couple of idiots (and let's face it, we have some of them) and some over-zealous coppers/stewards (and we know there are always some of them about) and it could have turned into a serious serious crush. I was pressed against the barrier coming down from the stands and was close to being pushed back over it onto the concrete floor on the other side. They need a new modern stadium soon as what they have is just terrible.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/104244606.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E68C4B0448E1F90501811403232696E54CCADDD941DE59BED8E30A760B0D811297

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/104247873.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6D03BE77B9AAD8E85811403232696E54C7D982E42B098A35F

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/104245583.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E626D206BCCC94DA17811403232696E54C026BD74715A1BCC4

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/104247871.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6E9E8F3ABAA039087811403232696E54CD9F8AEB6CA7FBE21

The penalty would have been a difficult spot for the ref but an easy one for the assistant. Seeing that Coleman didn't get anywhere near the ball, I don't understand why it wasn't spotted.

It would have been a red card as well, so we'd have been coasting.

Just watched a recording of yesterday's coverage of the game on Sky and I don't think I've ever heard such a one eyed commentary. It was as if fanzone was masquerading as an unbiased commentary.

Makes it all the sweeter that we stuffed it up 'em!

Course they've been doing their nuts. We lost at home against a side we should be putting to the sword. He's been ace but today was a truly abysmal day.

Maybe the difference between the two teams isn't as big as some think.

It is. And we failed miserably.

Have a word! not knocking too much but Everton's success has been hard work and organisation but your not that good. Again I'm not attacking Everton (despite what it sounds) but the Premiership is not as good as it  thinks it is.

I think there is a not massive but fairly sizeable gap, that's my honest opinion. But yesterday we were atrocious, you played well and deserved the win, as I've already said in this thread.

We were a total fucking shambles.

Haven't played that badly for a long time. Serious questions need asking in the dressing room after that shit. I had to give my liver a severe punishing post-game :lol:

We made you play shit.

I find it strange that Jonas gets so much stick for having no end product yet Routledge gets away with it.

Routledge is generally more productive

Without Cahill,Everton are a very average side.And if Arteta has a poor game in those circumstances,they become very poor.

Incidentally that Fellaini is a dirty bastard,and seems to get away with it consistently.

It's not Cahill, it's Arteta. Stop him and you limit what we can do considerably.