Shay Given (now retired)

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Remember  as a 14 year old boy opening  the back page of the daily mirror  and seeing him standing there in an orange city keeper  jersey and I remember  Welling up trying  not to cry.... end of the day given is a typical donegal man, they're obsessed  with  money.... he would  of signed for Sutton  United  if they offered him enough

:lol: Jesus. Is that a typical Donegalian trait?

I have no issue with him leaving when he did anymore. Did at the time but I don't blame a single player leaving this shitshow anytime until Ashley's gone.

Especially  where he is from lad (lifford) they keep the same  clothes for years man just so they don't have to spend money

That's a canny exaggeration. Maybe older generation (70+) who were extremely poor, but i'd hardly call it a Donegal trait.

On a side note, he's in Letterkenny, Donegal for book signing this weekend. May wander along

Well I work  in the oneills sport store just outside donegal .... and the donegal supporters never buy the full price gear ! Always buying the old stuff in clearance  from about 5 years ago....

Saying that would love to meet shay ... where and when is he heading to letterkenny  ?

There is that. The Sports Direct / Heston’s in Letterkenny is always packed.

Eason’s in Tesco shopping center. Think on 22nd at around 1pm.

I'm a big fan of Shay Given like. Don't think he was a deserter at all. Don't really get this booing and hatred for players who fucked off from Ashley's NUFC. They've only done what we would do if we weren't so strongly attached to our club.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of Shay Given like. Don't think he was a deserter at all. Don't really get this booing and hatred for players who f***ed off from Ashley's NUFC. They've only done what we would do if we weren't so strongly attached to our club.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

This.

Remember Caroll mentioning the club forced him to hand in a transfer request before moving to Liverpool probably for the same reasons they had Shay do it.

And then of course they could use that to further make him look really bad just like they done everything they could to make Shay look bad.

Caroll like Shay probably wanted a move anyway, but I bet the club weren’t begging him to stay either and there was green signs thier eyes when Liverpool offered 35m.

• 1 month later...

Honestly for sentimental reasons I would love him to turn out in a Newcastle shirt at St James the same amount as I would love to see Shearer or Ben Arfa do the same. It would be incredible for me.

Ben Arfa in the same sentence as Shearer and Given. :lol:

Honestly for sentimental reasons I would love him to turn out in a Newcastle shirt at St James the same amount as I would love to see Shearer or Ben Arfa do the same. It would be incredible for me.

Ben Arfa in the same sentence as Shearer and Given. [emoji38]

You just did it as well.

Ben Arfa in the same sentence as Shearer and Given. [emoji38]

You just did it as well.

:joey:

Yes, because they're three of my favourite players. I said nothing of them being in the same calibre as eachother. Although fwiw Ben Arfa is the most talented of the three by a distance.

Yes, because they're three of my favourite players. I said nothing of them being in the same calibre as eachother. Although fwiw Ben Arfa is the most talented of the three by a distance.

Nar.  Shearer by a distance.  You don't have to look fancy to have talent.