Shay Given (now retired)

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Forster has had a full season with the best side in League One. He's also demonstrated a level of composure and confidence that Krul hasn't, imo.

Our reserve team are better than the best team in League One.

If you really believe that, you're just completely deluded, or simply out of touch with the modern game.

We all saw what happened when a combination of reserve team and first team squad players met a pretty average League Two side last month. The Norwich City of last season would eat our reserves for breakfast.

If you really believe that, you're just completely deluded, or simply out of touch with the modern game.

We all saw what happened when a combination of reserve team and first team squad players met a pretty average League Two side last month. The Norwich City of last season would eat our reserves for breakfast.

Have you seen much of our reserves this season?

The second worst type of "debate" or argument on a messageboard.

No. How much of Norwich did you see last season?

If they were genuinely better than Norwich City, i don't believe for one second that we wouldn't have seen a good few of them make some impact on the first team last season.

No. How much of Norwich did you see last season?

If they were genuinely better than Norwich City, i don't believe for one second that we wouldn't have seen a good few of them make some impact on the first team last season.

:lol:

It looks like I've seen more of Norwich than you've seen of our reserves.

As for appearances last year, the players who have played for the reserves this season made 109 first team appearances for us last season.  Add to that Campbell who played for Arsenal, Simpson who is injured and played 39, Steve Taylor who played 21 and Best who played 13.  They will all either be in the reserves or displace somebody else from the first team who were in a higher division than Norwich were.  Also, Gosling either plays for the reserves or displaces somebody like the other injured players.

Norwich beat our first team just a few months back...

Norwich are obviously better than our first team then.   :rolleyes:

My point is I think it's rude to suggest they are worse than our reserves. They were more than a test for our first XI.

Orient were a match for us last pre-season...

In terms of quality out reserve side definatly has more of it than Norwich, hence how there best player last season was Forster. Nowrich as a team may be better than our reserves, they have had a lot of play time together guided by a decent manager, but in terms of player quality, no.

Ranger

Guthrie

Raylor/Simpson

Xisco

Forster

Saylor/Campbell

Best

To be honest it's not even a contest.

Krul has been waiting a long time to get his chance. No way would I want to lose him because we were bringing back a former hero who jumped ship. Krul's going to be better anyway, he just needs experience.

Just seen the goals from City's game last night.  Should have done better with both of them, especially the second, just didn't seem to react.

Now they're out, that's probably him seeing no more first team football until January :aww:

agree.

• 1 month later...
Guest firetotheworks

Arsenal are fucking daft if they don't finally buy him. As much as part of me would like to see him rue the day he left us, I can't imagine he really does, so I'd rather see a very good goalkeeper playing.

In the end it looks like he left at the right time to clear the way for a new era of competition between two very exciting young goalkeepers.

Just like relegation, Given fucking off was something that hurt like hell when it happened but doesn't really bother me anymore.