Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

Think Shane was always going to choose the North. From what I gather, Nigel Worthington was the reason why Fergie didn't properly commit before. Now that said manager is gone, think he's more than happy to be part of the Northern Irish squad.

You won't be laughing when you see us play at the Euros.

Nobody will.

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing Ireland play in the Euros. Xavi/Iniesta vs Andrews/Whelan is a mouthwatering prospect.

Duff is also 32, whilst Ferguson is 20. There'd have been plenty of time for him.

Duff has gone another 4 years if he wants, while the mackem is what 24? and twice the player at the least.

No-one had heard of the Mackem before this season, there is no reason to say Ferguson can't go on to do the same tbf.

Duff is also 32, whilst Ferguson is 20. There'd have been plenty of time for him.

Duff has gone another 4 years if he wants, while the mackem is what 24? and twice the player at the least.

No-one had heard of the Mackem before this season, there is no reason to say Ferguson can't go on to do the same tbf.

Seen enough of both to know how it will pan out. Ferguson doesn't have the pace or strength the mackem does, can't impact the game anywhere near as well and isn't a goal threat whatsoever.

I don't see mcmackem improving that much either, think this is him, slight tightening of his skills, but that's the player. Ferguson has potential, but I don't think it will ever get fulfilled, a tidy passer but that's about it for me...would make a good wingback, but who plays with them these days?

Seen enough of both to know how it will pan out. Ferguson doesn't have the pace or strength the mackem does, can't impact the game anywhere near as well and isn't a goal threat whatsoever.

I don't see mcmackem improving that much either, think this is him, slight tightening of his skills, but that's the player. Ferguson has potential, but I don't think it will ever get fulfilled, a tidy passer but that's about it for me...would make a good wingback, but who plays with them these days?

You really are wrong to be writing Ferguson off at this early stage. Those of us who saw him come on at Stoke last season were treated to a Georgie Best cameo the way he set about Stokes giants that day.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He holds his own though and is happy to go shoulder to shoulder with the bigger units. He's on a special muscle building program fwiw.

Must be big and strong to be good at football!111!! LESS OF THAT PASSING AND DRIBBLING LARK AND MORE BULKING UP SHANE!!!!

I only said a bit. I didn't say he should bulk up to an extreme level, a little extra muscle will be beneficial to him imo (the management/Shane seems to think so too, otherwise why is he on a special muscle building programme as Michael said above?)

You won't be laughing when you see us play at the Euros.

Nobody will.

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing Ireland play in the Euros. Xavi/Iniesta vs Andrews/Whelan is a mouthwatering prospect.

What happens when an irresistible force meets an easily movable object?

We're going to find out.

• 2 weeks later...