Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

I really think we have some player here, he is quick, strong (considering he is built like an 8 year old girl) but also has excellent technique.

I said at the time but he is, at the moment much better than Sammyeobi. Needs a loan next season but when he comes back I think he will be ready to do a job left wing or left back. Think his size does him a massive injustice (never judge a book and all that).

I agree, think he's a really good tidy footballer with the potential to turn into an excellent one. Would like to see him get an extended run in our side to see what he can do, but I can't really see who he'd replace at the minute so a loan next season to a promoted side would be great.

Ferguson left, Santon right, f***ing do it Pardew.

I'm with you on this bro.

You sound like you are advocating that we pick players who will want to receive the ball and look to use it confidently and creatively from the back.

We can't have that. We'll end up attacking down both flanks and dominating possesion. Before you know it we'll be picking HBA aswell and then the other team might not get a sniff of the ball and it would be over as a contest.

How boring, Pardew would never put up with that.

In all seriousness though, that would make us pretty vulnerable defensively, especially when our CB pairing is Willo and Perch (as good a job as they are doing).

given that pardew has been quoted a few times saying how high his hopes are for shane and we never really bought anyone for the left, is it possible they'd hoped ferguson would come through for the left back spot this season ? (and like most on here i dont really see him there)

Want to see him make a game his own before the end of the season. Big involvement up top at the business end. Could be backup for bale at the Olympics but really needs to stay fit and make difference.

Doubt he'd get a start though, will have to be in the next two games if it's going to happen.

Sorta siding with Disco on this one.

Hope we're in a position to send the likes of him and Sammy out on loan next year.

sammy yes. i think ferguson will be bench duty, thik he'd have got a lot more time this season if it werent for injuries.

Hope we're in a position to send the likes of him and Sammy out on loan next year.

Hope we're not tbh.

Do you not think they'd benefit from first-team football every week?

Hope we're not tbh.

I'm being facetious really, I just mean that a situation where we can let them go out is probably a situation without European football. We're highly unlikely to bulk the squad up enough to a point where we can compete on four fronts and still let players with first team experience go out.

Hope we're not tbh.

I'm being facetious really, I just mean that a situation where we can let them go out is probably a situation without European football. We're highly unlikely to bulk the squad up enough to a point where we can compete on four fronts and still let players with first team experience go out.

True but it'd be good if a month here and there we did a la Vuckic but I can't see it being LT loans like they arguably could do with.

Needs games immediately, otherwise he is never going to get picked for the Olympics  :naughty:

Big shame Marveaux has been so crocked, he would and should have been out on loan this year.  Think he will be next year and the sold.

Really like the look of him.

One player I wouldn't be sending out on loan next season. He's closer to first team football than that.

What makes you think that? Not being pissy - just wondering!

Really like the look of him.

One player I wouldn't be sending out on loan next season. He's closer to first team football than that.

What makes you think that? Not being pissy - just wondering!

In terms of ability. I'd quite happily see him come off the bench every week/starting in the cups/ in Europe now.