Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

would this lad be defensively capable enough to play behind ben Arfa & provide the cover HBA seems to need?  i've not been following his every move, but when i have seen him he looks ok.  could it work with santon/jonas down one flank & ferg/HBA down the other?

would this lad be defensively capable enough to play behind ben Arfa & provide the cover HBA seems to need?  i've not been following his every move, but when i have seen him he looks ok.  could it work with santon/jonas down one flank & ferg/HBA down the other?

Really difficult to say as there's nothing to back it up but I really think he deserves more minutes.he's great with the ball at his feet,is fast,surprisingly strong but I can't say much About his position play yet.I would like him to be getting thirty mins a game,ahead of everyone from the bench but guthrie

Really difficult to say as there's nothing to back it up but I really think he deserves more minutes.he's great with the ball at his feet,is fast,surprisingly strong but I can't say much About his position play yet.I would like him to be getting thirty mins a game,ahead of everyone from the bench but guthrie

With the right coaching, Fergie could very well develop into a great left back but as it stands, he's more of a winger really. He did mention last season that he was learning from Enrique but now that Jose has gone, I'm really not sure at what stage the lad's development is at. He played on the left wing for Northern Ireland last week and excelled there from what I've heard so it's looking like Shane's more of an option on the left wing rather than LB.

The only way to know for sure if he's capable of playing LB is, well, a run of games in that position. It's a shame that he hasn't been sent out on loan yet (injury prevented him from doing so iirc). Some first team experience at LB would surely be an indicator of where he's at.

Ferguson left, Santon right, fucking do it Pardew.

You got a bet on arsenal for double figures?

yeah, i don't know if arsenal is the time to give that a go, but surely it's worth a look soon?

yeah, i don't know if arsenal is the time to give that a go, but surely it's worth a look soon?

League cup games at the start of the season.

League cup games at the start of the season.

:thup:

Ferguson left, Santon right, f***ing do it Pardew.

I'm with you on this bro.

You sound like you are advocating that we pick players who will want to receive the ball and look to use it confidently and creatively from the back.

We can't have that. We'll end up attacking down both flanks and dominating possesion. Before you know it we'll be picking HBA aswell and then the other team might not get a sniff of the ball and it would be over as a contest.

How boring, Pardew would never put up with that.