Carling Cup fourth round - Arsenal (h) Pre-Match Thread

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Nah, the youngsters/fringe players deserve to start after the Chelsea game, and we need to be fresh for the derby. Give Guthrie and Simpson game time, but that's it

Play the kids with one or two of the squad who need a game (Lovenkrands, Smith, Ryan Taylor, Ranger etc) and see what happens. I'm expecting to lose it because the Arsenal kids are always very good but I hope we give them a game and try to match them.

If the last round is anything to go by, it won't be Arsenal's kids out there. They want to win this.

Thought they played that lineup because it was against Spurs, and they got battered by them in the CC last time out.

I'd imagine (hope) it won't be as strong this time.

Krul

R. Taylor    S. Taylor    Kadar    Perch

Routledge    Guthrie    Smith    Ferguson

Ranger    Lovenkrands

Xisco, Vuckic and Best given runs at some stage if we can.

Also, if the highly ambitious inclusion of Steven Taylor is too soon for him, bring one of Coloccini/Williamson in. Ty and give them a half each, first and foremost.

Ideally I'd like to rest all of the outfield starting XI for next week, as the Mackems have a free midweek, but with Campbell injured it's difficult at centre-back unless Hughton fancies Perch in the middle, Ferguson back at LB and one of Vuckic/Xisco coming in.

It's obiously not a great team, but I think we'd at least give them a game if you consider what they are likely to field given they have a Sunday game this weekend and a very hectic schedule thereafter.

Krul

R. Taylor    S. Taylor    Kadar    Perch

Routledge    Guthrie    Smith    Ferguson

Ranger    Lovenkrands

Xisco, Vuckic and Best given runs at some stage if we can.

Also, if the highly ambitious inclusion of Steven Taylor is too soon for him, bring one of Coloccini/Williamson in. Ty and give them a half each, first and foremost.

Ideally I'd like to rest all of the outfield starting XI for next week, as the Mackems have a free midweek, but with Campbell injured it's difficult at centre-back unless Hughton fancies Perch in the middle, Ferguson back at LB and one of Vuckic/Xisco coming in.

What's wrong with Tavernier, injured?

Guest palnese

Krul

Raylor  Taylor   Kadar   Ferguson

Routledge   Guthrie   Smith   Vuckic

Ranger   Xisco

Wouldn't be upset to see that

I'd love to see that.

Krul

Raylor  Taylor   Kadar   Ferguson

Routledge   Guthrie   Smith   Vuckic

Ranger   Xisco