Carling Cup fourth round - Arsenal (h) Pre-Match Thread

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Brummiemag

Arsenal want to win this due to lack of trophies and now they'll see it as a very winnable competition. I think we're in for a rough ride.

Its a shame we don't have the same attitude

Speaking to some Arsenal fans, they're going to use this game to bring back some of their players returning from injury who need match fitness like Walcott, Fabregas and Bendtner.

I really don't see the harm of playing a full-strength team - they need to practice playing well at home. If injuries are going to happen this season, they'll happen - no sense wrapping players up in cotton wool. It's not like we're playing five games a week, and it's not exactly Stoke/Wolves we're facing here either. Just my two cents.

I don't think recovery time is a problem as most of our team played CCC last season & at times that was weekend-midweek-weekend the worry is: AC,  Tiote, Colo, Jose, DW etc getting knock that keeps them out of the weekend game.

I just can't seem to get my head around who that DW is. Tell me, tell me, I know I'm a terrible fan, but tell me!

Dwayne Wouthledge?, Doll Wampbell? Dwonas? Danny Wuthrie? Dim Wrul??? Doey Warton??? Dike Williamson?? Dieter Wøvenkrands? Darkwing Duck?? WHO?

I'd be very surprised to see Fabregas, Fabianski, Chamakh, Clichy, Sagna or Nasri feature.

He's always said he'll put a team out that he thinks can win the game so obviously the team will be stronger than usual against you.

“It will be similar to Spurs,” said Wenger. “We have players coming back like Walcott, Bendtner and Vela. Koscielny is fit to start. They will play.

“From the Man City game, we have no-one out [with injury]. One or two will be rested. Vela is back.”

“In the squad, we will have Eastmond, Lansbury and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas,” said Wenger. “Wojciech will be in goal.”

Guest Roger Kint

Bendtner and Walcott are set to start according to the Fail.

Walcott just been on talksport saying he he is starting cos he need the runout

It's hard to say really as i'd imagine there are blocks in the lower bowl that just haven't been released for sale rather than have sold out. Still will keep my fingers crossed for 30k plus if only so that the place does not look empty on tv!

Thankfully the east stand is pretty much all sold out so it will look ok.