Carling Cup fourth round - Arsenal (h) Pre-Match Thread

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We were never going to get an easy path to the final. It just doesnt happen. Arsenal will play some reserves now, as opposed to if we met them later on. We have a chance against anyone at home imo. If we lose, we go out and dont waste any more time on it. however, if we can beat chelsea away, we can beat anyone. that should be the mentality.

Decent draw, if you want to win you have to come up against the good teams at some point.

Cant we just play Chelsea away and let it be for a few rounds? Please?

No its best if these stronger teams come up earlier in the competition. It becomes more difficult if we get them closer to the final.

It is better to play the big teams earlier in this competition. If they get to the semis they get serious.

That's a fair comment like. But Arsenal's young players often play better than their first team.

Huh? Bit confused by this comment. They play in the same style but don't see how they play better.

Had a look at Arsenal Mania. Doesn't seem they're particularly happy with the draw either.

I didn't expect that they would be happy about it, like I said, it's a good draw as we either go through or we go out now and concentrate on the league.

Had a look at Arsenal Mania. Doesn't seem they're particularly happy with the draw either.

I didn't expect that they would be happy about it, like I said, it's a good draw as we either go through or we go out now and concentrate on the league.

Pretty sure that's how it would have worked whoever we got, like.

It is better to play the big teams earlier in this competition. If they get to the semis they get serious.

That's a fair comment like. But Arsenal's young players often play better than their first team.

Huh? Bit confused by this comment. They play in the same style but don't see how they play better.

Happens almost every year that people drool all over their second team but the first team are a let down (relatively speaking). If there's anyone's second team to fear it's Arsenal.

Also, Arsene couldn't play too weak a side against Spurs - it was their rivals, and they got humiliated last time they tried that with Spurs. Hopefully Arsenal won't take a regular early-round League cup tie quite as seriously.

Guest Roger Kint

I cant see Arsenal playing reserves against a team that beat chelsea, they'll want to win.

Wenger usually picks a young/weak team in the CC and stays with it barring injury.

Koscielny, Gibbs, Roskicky, Wiltshire, Eboue, Nasri, Arshavin, Vela, Denilson & Chamakh all featured last time, Clichy too when Gibbs was injured. May be younger/weaker than usual but its still a very good team in all fairness.