Carling Cup fourth round - Arsenal (h) Pre-Match Thread

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest palnese

Krul

Simpson - Colo - Sol - Enrique

Routlegde - Guthrie - Tiote - Jonas

Vuckic

Carroll

FTW

We can't take any chances with them IMO. We've got a far more important game a couple of days later.

Krul

R Taylor, Colo, kadar, Fergie

Smith, Guthrie,

Routledge,            Loven

Ranger

with Tiote, Xisco, and Vuckic the subs to enter

Guest Ice__Mag

Rest a few; would be awesome if we could go into sunday on the back of 2 big wins.

Krul

Simpson

Colo

Williamson

Ferguson

Routledge

Barton

Smith

Guthrie

Shola

Ranger

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Rest a few; would be awesome if we could go into sunday on the back of 2 big wins.

Krul

Simpson

Colo

Williamson

Ferguson

Routledge

Barton

Smith

Guthrie

Shola

Ranger

Tbh I'd want Colo and Shola rested. Colo's an important player and Shola should be starting alongside Andy for Sunday, can't risk any injuries to them

Krul

R Taylor, Colo, kadar, Fergie

Smith, Guthrie,

Routledge,            Loven

Ranger

with Tiote, Xisco, and Vuckic the subs to enter

We'd stand a better chance with 11 men imo. :thup:

Wenger said today he would play a full strength side.. hmmm was he telling porkies..

anyway with Sunday in mind.

--------------------Krul

Simo-------Willi----------Kadar--------Ferg

R.Tay------Guth---------Smith-------Rout

------------Ranger-------Loven

Krul

R.Taylor Williamson Kadar Ferguson

Routledge Guthrie Vuckic Xisco

Ranger Lövenkrands

Or something like that. I'm not too bothered, as long as Colo, Enrique, Tiote, Jonas and Carroll don't start.

If Wenger is having us on over this "strongest XI" thing, here is a team he could put out if he was looking to rest almost everybody that played today:

Szczesny

Eboue     Koscielny    Djourou/Squillaci    Gibbs

Rosicky    Diaby    Wilshere   

Walcott                                           Vela

Bendtner

I would honestly be surprised to see him go too strong again, with a game more-or-less every 3 days for them until the middle of November (6 in 18 days), but who knows?

I still think that team up there would see them have enough to get by our lot, especially if they put a few of their best players on the bench just in case, based on what we'll probably field.

If Wenger is having us on over this "strongest XI" thing, here is a team he could put out if he was looking to rest almost everybody that played today:

Szczesny

Eboue     Koscielny    Djourou/Squillaci    Gibbs

Rosicky    Diaby    Wilshere   

Walcott                                            Vela

Bendtner

I would honestly be surprised to see him go too strong again, with a game more-or-less every 3 days for them until the middle of November (6 in 18 days), but who knows?

I still think that team up there would see them have enough to get by our lot, especially if they put a few of their best players on the bench just in case, based on what we'll probably field.

isnt wilshire suspended due to straight red and normal 3 match ban?

Sorry, yes he is. Total oversight (here I was wondering where he was today as well).

Suppose they might put Song/Denilson in there to hold things together a bit, if that was a team they were thinking of playing, or just bring a youngster in.

Still, not a bad option as a second XI eh?

Beat Arsenal, lose to the mackems and it's a terrible week.

Lose to Arsenal, beat the mackems it's a great week.

Hughton knows this and I'll be surprised if there are many first teamers at all on Wednesday. Any other week it would be different but the mackems game is about more than 3 points, it would lift the whole club to beat them after our home form of late. It's a shame this game has come at the wrong time for us really. I hope the kids can put in a performance but it'll be tough.

I get what you're saying, but the options you gave just sum up what my problem is. Is it really impossible for us to win two games in a week?

It doesn't have to be beat Arsenal or beat the Mackems if he plays it right. If we beat BOTH it'd be a damn good week.

As much as I would love a good run in the cup, the fear of getting any injuries when we have the SMB next makes it so hard to choose a starting 11.

We HAVE to win on Sunday, and if we lose any of out big guns we will be in trouble.

Jose

colo

Willi

Simo

Tiote

Barton

Jonas

Carroll

Nolan

are all a must for Sunday

Krul

R.Taylor Williamson Kadar Ferguson

Routledge Guthrie Vuckic Xisco

Ranger Lövenkrands

Or something like that. I'm not too bothered, as long as Colo, Enrique, Tiote, Jonas and Carroll don't start.

CH has some tough decisions in picking this team and its even harder to predict. As mentioned Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs all out if we beat Arse then Man only really good team left and they are not looking all that strong at present. If we went for it we coud with some luck and good performances win it. But a big gamble, staying in the premiership is our priority

The team above looks about the right mix to me and agree that five players you mentioned ideally won't start. Although Colo and Jonas started against Chelski.

Think he'll probably start Smith though. Shola has been on fire in this competition so far, so may want to play, but he is also really needed for Sunday, so its a big decision and will be interesting to see if he does or not. Ranger also has performed well in this competition and should play. 

Trust CH to get it right. If the likes of Routledge and Xisco have been sulking around the place he may want to play those he feels are really up for it and out to stake a claim.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

As much as I would love a good run in the cup, the fear of getting any injuries when we have the SMB next makes it so hard to choose a starting 11.

We HAVE to win on Sunday, and if we lose any of out big guns we will be in trouble.

Jose

colo

Willi

Simo

Tiote

Barton

Jonas

Carroll

Nolan

are all a must for Sunday

:thup:

Couldn't care less about the cup, give the youngsters and fringe players time.

I'd add Shola to that list, since going with 2 big men up front is definetely the way forward for us

Aye Shola too of course..

sooo are S Taylor and Sol fit enough to start on Wednesday ?

As much as I hate Perch he may have to play & Kadar

--------------------Krul

RTay-------STay--------Sol--------Fergie

(RTay------Perch-------Kadar-----Fergie)

Rout-------Guth---------Smith------Xisco

------------Ranger-------Loven