Carling Cup fourth round - Arsenal (h) Pre-Match Thread

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we win this game we will blatantly (a) draw Man Utd at Old Trafford or (b) go out to someone poo, like Wigan.

I'd fancy us at Man United if they play the same jokers as tonight. [/neverthoughtidwritethat]

If we win this game we will blatantly (a) draw Man Utd at Old Trafford or (b) go out to someone poo, like Wigan.

I'd fancy us at Man United if they play the same jokers as tonight. [/neverthoughtidwritethat]

They were utter wank tonight, they were incredibly lucky to score 3 IMO. If they play like that against a team playing like we did against Chelsea, I'd certainly fancy us to beat them.

Unfortunately, even with half their youth team, I think their pace and movement will be too much for us.

I'm afraid you are right.

Hopefully we will play a few fit young players who might just help us in the mobility stakes at least.

Guest Roger Kint

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/10/27/chris-hughton-believes-carling-cup-not-priority-61634-27548414/

Couldn't agree more, mickey mouse cup. Shame for toon fans who've bought tickets though

Shame? Must have dreamt the wholesale changes in the previous two games which clearly pointed towards more of the same here well before tickets went on sale. As it goes i think it will be a good game, they will be favourites but seeing how some of our kids handle it more than makes this worth it(should have went cheaper tickets for full house though)

Guest Roger Kint

Next newsflash - Hughton says "sky is blue".

FWIW I don't really buy into the idea of dropping players for the cups, but it seems to be the accepted norm now. Nobody who bought tickets for Arsenal could have expected a full-strength team.

If the FA made bookings/sendings off match the competition they were given in it may help a little, naturally the resting of key players wont stop but without any threat of suspension managers may pick a few more. Tbh in this case i do agree with leaving some out, only as its vital experience for those we would normally not gamble on using in the league.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Out of interest would like to see Perch at defensive midfield or centre back in this game.

Might as well give him a run out.