Newcastle United 1 - 2 Stoke City - 26/09/10 - post match reaction from page 31

Dave

Two massive defeats at home if we're to stay up this year.

Losing games like this and Blackpool got us relegated. We will be lucky to survive.

I agree, no point in those 2 wins earlier if we are going to lose to our rivals and give them 3 valuable points.

Aye we might as well just get beat every game you moron.

Paid the price for not pushing on for the second. Unbelievably predictable that we would struggle with their high balls and so it proved. Pointless going to places like Everton and winning and then failing to even get a point against Stoke. 0 points from Blackpool and Stoke are the sort of results that bit you on the arse later in the season.

Back down to earth with a huge bump.

Krul- 6- Not too many saves, couldnt hugely blame him for the goals.

Perch- 5- To be fiar he was okay until the nightmare own goal. A very poor start to this lads NUFC career.

Enrique-8- Looked our best bet going forward

Colo- 6- Did okay but the defence as a whole crumbled when they strated launching it

Williamson- 6- Ditto

Routledge- 6- Decent although still looks wary of taking full backs on.

Barton- 6- Saw loads of the ball and did little with it. Final ball was very poor today.

Ben Arfa- 7 Why or why was he taken off?

Tiote- 7- Tidy

Nolan- 6- Bad miss towards the end

Carroll- 5- Won the penalty but hasnt come close really to scoring in 3 games now.

Jonas- 7- Looked threatening. Crossing better than normal.

Shola-5- Didnt do loads

Hughton- 4- Ballsed it up today. Bad day at the office.

Jona

Guest neesy111

Losing games like this and Blackpool got us relegated. We will be lucky to survive.

I agree, no point in those 2 wins earlier if we are going to lose to our rivals and give them 3 valuable points.

Fuck off, you really don't understand the actually point prick.

Guest firetotheworks

Barton' shit, Nolan's fat, Carroll's over-rated, Hughton's tactically inept etc.

I'm really fucking annoyed with the result and we really need to start solidifying our home form, but I refuse to be downbeat yet. We played well and lost. That's often the mantra of a team that gets relegated, but I reiterate, I refuse to be downbeat yet.

I like Hughton a lot but he certainly bottled it here.  We let Stoke take the initiative and never tried anything to wrest control back. 

The players also seemed to get lulled into a false sense of security, then completely collapsed mentally.

I think we've still got a lot of learning to do at this level.

Guest firetotheworks

f*** off, you really don't understand the actually point prick.

...and that's the end of you.

We were undone by their set pieces. We aren't the first and we won't be the last. Credit to them. We stuggled to deal with everything in the air. The inclusion of Campbell might have remedied that but it's only hindsight. No one would have wanted him to start if asked before the game.

More worrying was our lack of chances in the second half. Ben Arfa, Routledge and Tiote all just fizzled out. Jonas looked lively when he came on. Nolan should have buried that late chance.

Criticism of Carroll is a bit harsh. He worked hard again today. He lacked a touch of quality but he's young and not a magician. He can't do it all on his own. He won his headers, held the ball up well, and that's pretty much his role in the side.

Barton, Colo, and Enrique were excellent once again.

This is only what, the second time we've played these 11 players together? Give it time. They'll come good. There's plenty of quality in there.

Well done Stoke. Jones buggered us right up. No one managed to compete with him. Our own fault for giving them so many opportunities to launch it into the box. The first half, we managed to keep the ball on the ground and they didn't have a sniff.

Fuck off, you really don't understand the actually point prick.

Use the PM system chaps if this is the limit of your debate. Cheers.

Positives:

Ben Arfa and Tiote in the first half

Barton, Enrique, and Colo all match.

Jonas wants to get back in the team.

Negatives:

James Perch, who from this moment on I shall refer to as Ali Fumaca Dia.

Nolan

Routledge, what does he do?

Carroll can't do it on his own now that he's a marked man.

Ratings:

Krul 5

Ali Fumaca Dia 2

Williamson 6

Colo 7

Enrique 8

Routledge 3

Tiote 6

Barton 7

Ben Arfa 6

Nolan 4

Carroll 5

Jonas 7

Ameobi n/a

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul- 5- Meh

Perch- 6- He wasn't that bad IMO

Williamson- 6- Okay

Coloccini- 6- ^

Enrique- 7- Good attacking play

Routledge- 5- Poor, bad delivery and didn't take on his man enough (or well enough)

Barton- 6- Was decent on the ball but some bad delivery and didn't create much

Tiote- 6- Did well until he was taken off (WHY?)

Ben Arfa- 6- Decent, a few good touches, quiet however

Nolan- 4- Bad

Carroll- 4- ^

Jonas- 7- This guy needs to start next game.

Ameobi- 5-

Hughton- 4

Guest neesy111

f*** off, you really don't understand the actually point prick.

...and that's the end of you.

Prick and Moron :lol:

Bad day on the park for us.  If we would've capitalized on the first half we would've won but we let them get back in to the match.  The own goal by Perch is going to be taken very hard by him as I don't see the fans letting him back into their good graces unfortunately.  Death sentence whether he deserves it or not.

Guest neesy111

The  4411 has no place at home unless the player behind AC is BHA.

The lack of a good 2nd striker is now starting to cost us at home imo.

Bad day on the park for us.  If we would've capitalized on the first half we would've won but we let them get back in to the match.  The own goal by Perch is going to be taken very hard by him as I don't see the fans letting him back into their good graces unfortunately.  Death sentence whether he deserves it or not.

He looked truly gutted at the end like. Think he knows this as well.

Terrible to throw it away like that. HBA should've been left on, he wasn't as instrumental in the second half as he was in the first, but he still had more to offer then Nolan. Tiote looks to be a great signing so far. had the feeling Enrique still isn't entirely comfortable with HBA as he is with Guttierez in front of him, he never ceases to impress me either. Bartons final ball was horrid today, but felt otherwise he was good. Perch, I thought he was doing alright at first, made some decent movement up the wings, why he was heading backwards I don't understand.

Time for sleep now I think.