Newcastle United 1 - 2 Stoke City - 26/09/10 - post match reaction from page 31

Dave

cannot believe we threw that away. throwback to old times :(

Chris should have sent us out with a faster pace and he should have made changes earlier. Nolan, Barton and Routledge shoud have come off.

We're gonna struggle at home this year

We will as long as we play 4-5-1 at home, it doesn't work.

it worked in the first half, worked against everton.

Barton has been dreadful today.

What a load of s***.

Have a look at every set-piece he's done today.

Come back when you can speak English.

Again far too many people thinking Barton is a saint of a footballer on here.

Come on Neesy he's been good. He's good on the ball, but sure hes not been excellent and his final ball has been dreadful sometimes, but we have no movement upfront.

:angry :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Barton has been dreadful today.

What a load of s***.

Have a look at every set-piece he's done today.

Come back when you can speak English.

Again far too many people thinking Barton is a saint of a footballer on here.

Nobody says he is but struggling to see what he did drastically wrong today aside from a couple of bad set plays.

Guest neesy111

Boos deserved?

FUCK OFF!

We lost, but we gave everything, therefore the boos are absolutely not deserved.

What match we're you watching, clearly we didn't give everything especially in that 15 minute period after half-time.

It's on Hughton this one... and I'm a big fan of his.

Taking off Ben Arfa was premature, even though he was quiet. Should have brought Jonas on for Nolan... he was knackered as always.

And taking off Tiote for Shola was just suicidal... WTF is Shola going to do against Stoke?

I really hope Hughton realises that Nolan isn't a midfielder after this.

These are EXACTLY the kind of games we HAVE to win! If we continue fucking up with useless management and poor playing, we're gonna struggle

Guest neesy111

Two massive defeats at home if we're to stay up this year.

Losing games like this and Blackpool got us relegated. We will be lucky to survive.

I agree, no point in those 2 wins earlier if we are going to lose to our rivals and give them 3 valuable points.

The Blackpool defeat we could have bounced back from, but this result will send their heads down.

Carroll believing his own hype has done fuck all since the Villa game. Just knew when we didn't get a decent Striker in we'd be fucked.

Aye, it's not like he scored against Wolves the week after to save us a point.

I don't like Barton much because I think the guy's a prick who has a lot to prove, but he was the best of a bad bunch.

We just don't seem to know what to do when the onus is on us to attack and control the game.  They are fucking garbage as well, Stoke.

Hughton really cocked up this game.  Ben Arfa and Tiote were the last two players we needed to take off.  For me, Nolan should have come off in the second half for Ameobi.  With Tiote still on the pitch we may have contained Stoke better and prevented the corner from ever taking place that led to Perch's OG.  Dropping points against Blackpool and Stoke at home will hurt us massively if we find ourselves struggling at the end of the season.

No spark from Carroll today either.  I know he had it tough with poor balls and tight marking, but he didn't stay up front enough, kept dropping deep leaving nobody up front at times.

Barton was our best attacking player by a fucking mile. Constantly involved and made things happen.

What an awful second half though. Truly terrible.

Barton was the reason we were poor in the 2nd half, though.

They kept him well out of the game.

Just hope he didn't get injured at the end of the game.

It looked like it did against City 2 years or so ago.