Man City V NUFC Pre Match Thread -Sun Oct 3rd 1.30pm (live on espn)

olliemort
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Capello's quotes confuse me:

Carroll's impressive start to the season in the Premier League for Newcastle United has prompted suggestions the striker will be called into the England senior ranks.

He has been left out of the Under 21 squad for the European Championship qualifiers against Romania and his absence is not injury related.

Capello will speak to Under 21 coach Stuart Pearce about Carroll before deciding whether to select the 21-year-old for the Montenegro game.

"With Andy Carroll, I heard he has this injury. I have to speak with Stuart Pearce.

"I met him in manager meetings and he told me there is some problem with this player. Is it an injury? I don't know. We spoke about Carroll."

Contradictions o'clock

:lol:

Can only think he's injured. There's no way we'd drop him considering the alternatives.

Yep.

There's been some fitness issue since the Wolves game, hasn't there? He's not looked quite as mobile recently.

I've been intrigued to see how Shola and Ben Arfa combine (though not at the expense of Carroll). Looks like we'll find out.

I'd be surprised if Campbell doesn't play now. We need his ability in the air.

Carroll's impressive start to the season in the Premier League for Newcastle United has prompted suggestions the striker will be called into the England senior ranks.

He has been left out of the Under 21 squad for the European Championship qualifiers against Romania and his absence is not injury related.

Capello will speak to Under 21 coach Stuart Pearce about Carroll before deciding whether to select the 21-year-old for the Montenegro game.

"With Andy Carroll, I heard he has this injury. I have to speak with Stuart Pearce.

"I met him in manager meetings and he told me there is some problem with this player. Is it an injury? I don't know. We spoke about Carroll."

Contradictions o'clock

This was discussed on Sunday Supplement. There was apparently a massive row between Carroll and Stuart Pearce when Carroll declared himself unfit. Pearce tried to insist that Carroll travel down to Luton on a Bank Holiday Monday for a medical, even though the England U21 physio and the Newcastle physio, who would conduct the examination, are one and the same person. The club got involved as well.

Contradictions o'clock

This was discussed on Sunday Supplement. There was apparently a massive row between Carroll and Stuart Pearce when Carroll declared himself unfit. Pearce tried to insist that Carroll travel down to Luton on a Bank Holiday Monday for a medical, even though the England U21 physio and the Newcastle physio, who would conduct the examination, are one and the same person. The club got involved as well.

Aye, but he's saying he needs to speak to Pearce about Carroll and then goes on to say he's spoken to Pearce about Carroll :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This silly bitch on ESPN really annoys me.

Leave Rose alone, man. UP at the crack of dawn making scones.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I bet Hughton's had one of his brainstorms and the team has many changes. Daft things like Ryan Taylor and Alan Smith. I dread the confirmation now.

A Chris Hughton Master plan of Tactics would probably involve giving everyone a #4 Kevin Nolan shirt.

"Now you're all Stars!"