Man City V NUFC Pre Match Thread -Sun Oct 3rd 1.30pm (live on espn)

olliemort
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sub. Confirmed. Jesus.

Had a feeling after the Stoke game Hughton might do this.

I don't think its necessarily a bad thing. Give the lad a break, rest up his injuries because he doesn't look at 100%, and for a young lad up top by himself its a bit of an ask at full fitness and on form, never mind playing with a knock, not scoring, not getting many chances and against a team we've no hope of any result.

Good decision if am honest.

Sub. Confirmed. Jesus.

I don't think its necessarily a bad thing. Give the lad a break, rest up his injuries because he doesn't look at 100%, and for a young lad up top by himself its a bit of an ask at full fitness and on form, never mind playing with a knock, not scoring, not getting many chances and against a team we've no hope of any result.

:thup:

All hell will break loose if we get battered though.

Will be interesting to see what he does with that front 6. Ameobi for Carroll is uninspiring but at least that is a straight swap for whatever reason.

Most obvious line up now will be Jonas right, Ben Arfa left and Nolan up front, but I am hoping for Ben Arfa alongside Ameobi, with Jonas left, so then who plays on the right? Barton?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Johnson apparently on the bench. Good news?

Probably means Silva is starting.

A Man City fan at college said that Manchini bought Silva as he wasn't impressed with Johnson's off field behaviour. He said that Johnson was out every night on the drink.

Will be interesting to see what he does with that front 6. Ameobi for Carroll is uninspiring but at least that is a straight swap for whatever reason.

Most obvious line up now will be Jonas right, Ben Arfa left and Nolan up front, but I am hoping for Ben Arfa alongside Ameobi, with Jonas left, so then who plays on the right? Barton?

Arfa cuts in too much on the left wing, which is pointless since its onto his right foot. He's not a winger. If you have to play him on the wing keep it Jonas left, Arfa Right. So when he cuts in he's on his left for a shot, or through ball.

But Nolan in the middle of midfield? We might as well go home...

Surly Jonas is going left with Enrique and Ben arfa right and drifting in.

Ameobi on top...and I was quite optimistic before :weep:

Sub. Confirmed. Jesus.

:thup:

All hell will break loose if we get battered though.

Were going to get battered no matter what really. Every single player they have on the pitch is better than any of ours and they are at home, anything less than a battering is a great result. Hopefully we have a 100% fit Carroll for Wigan while Tiote & HBA get another game under their belt. Damage limitation today.

Carroll could do with being a sub from time to time.. that said I'm dreading Ameobi's half-arsed efforts today..

Hopefully Ben Arfa starts in the right.. I think he'd be more suited to do his thing from there

btw, how daft can Lowes and "Ando" get

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Reckon he brought in Guti to help out Perch defensively as Routledge was doing a great job at doing that

Aye, makes sense for the left winger to cut across the field to help the rightback.  :lol:

fuck sake the gayness is happening man?  carroll on a bench shiser man!  i know he had his critics but i wud rather have smith upfront if we r gonna play one man upfront.

he had sum shit thrown his way but we havent seen that much of him upfront and lets not forget that is what he actually is not a fucking defensive mid.

my two cents gaylords what u think?  atleast he aint afraid to jump and put his head on the ends of things unlike stroller the ponce.

f*** sake the gayness is happening man?  carroll on a bench shiser man!  i know he had his critics but i wud rather have smith upfront if we r gonna play one man upfront.

he had sum s*** thrown his way but we havent seen that much of him upfront and lets not forget that is what he actually is not a f***ing defensive mid.

my two cents gaylords what u think?  atleast he aint afraid to jump and put his head on the ends of things unlike stroller the ponce.

:kinnear:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm preparing myself for 90 minutes of the worst football in the Premier League so far this season. Ben Arfa will probably not feature in this game despite starting. At least Paul Dickov isn't playing, that guy always scored against us.