Man City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 03/10/10 - post match reaction from page 33

Dave

Guest prestonj1989

Why did Dixon say 'the ref didn't even give a free kick' and then said 'I think you do need to make them challenges'.

Guest BooBoo

For fucks sake, it was a violent scissor kick challenge where the first foots aim is to take the ball and the second foot takes the player. In time this will be banned like the tackle from behind. Cynical play from spoiler type players, designed to injure the opponent.

Ganning to bed now like, f***ing too pissed off.

same feeling turned the tv off as soon as colin murray sed something like hes only just joined them so there fine or sumthing like that.......oh im sorry so because hes only  played a few games it wont affect our season that he wont play again?? yeah that makes sense.. T***!!!!

Is there any justice? City spack millions on world class players while we scrape all we have together to get someone special and De Jong cripples him in 5 minutes. Argh :(

Just saw this post after reading through the thread.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

If it was Barton there would have been a lot longer than 10 secs on the subject on match of the fucking day

also if it was on one of the "big sides" players (oh lets say englands steven gerrard) it would be debated and condemned for a good 5-10 mins but little johnnny foreigner playing for one of the little sides nah lets salivate moronicly over gareth barry and david gold those foreign types don't like it up them anyway

If it was Barton there would have been a lot longer than 10 secs on the subject on match of the fucking day

also if it was on one of the "big sides" players (oh lets say englands steven gerrard) it would be debated and condemned for a good 5-10 mins but little johnnny foreigner playing for one of the little sides nah lets salivate moronicly over gareth barry and david gold those foreign types don't like it up them anyway

Yeah but nobody knows much about Ben Arfa remember. Especially not the professional pundits on MOTD.

Johnson makes Magpies pay

ADAM JOHNSON admitted it was "extra special" to score the winner against Newcastle - the club which rejected him as a 12-year-old.

The Manchester City winger climbed off the bench to bag a brilliant 75th-minute goal.

And that left his team in second place... above Manchester United.

Johnson grew up as a Toon fan, even though he was born just down the road in Sunderland.

The 23-year-old said: "It's one of the best goals I've scored. It's my first in the league here and it's nice that it was the winner.

"I wasn't a Sunderland fan, I was at Newcastle and supported them as a kid.

"It's extra special to score against my old team but I play for City now, so that's all that counts.

"It's always the plan when you're a sub to come on and try and make a difference.

"I did that. If we're going to do well this season, we need to grind out results."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3163401/Adam-Johnson-makes-Newcastle-pay-for-rejecting-him.html

Wow, didn't realise he supported us. Or that we rejected him....

This was a match we didn't deserve to lose - there was doubt about Man C's penalty, but the foul on Ameobi was a stone cold certainty ; the player took his leg away in the box.

Plenty of possession, but once again, very few clear-cut chances created. All the good work done in the build-up peters out when we reach the penalty area because we lack a player with quick movement up front and a midfielder who can spot an incisive pass.

Sadly, you can only go for so long bemoaning bad luck and questionable decisions - consistent loss of points means you slip down the table and after Blackpool's result at Liverpool(surely it won't be long before they take the axe to Hodgson if they keep losing), we are in a bad situation compared to the sides who we need to finish above. Only Wolves look as if they might struggle at this point, but Blackpool may start to drop away as the season goes on. None of this is any use to us unless we start picking up points, esp at home ; 2 very crucial games coming up......

Terrible injury for HBA, and a bad tackle from De Jong, although I've seen worse ; things like this make you wonder whether the fates are conspiring. The lad will be out for most of the season now and its a bad blow.

Good performance once again from Tiote - a good signing and he was the spring-board for much of the possession. Nolan almost anonymous and Barton also disappears - he is nowhere near as effective as he should be and is one paced - got into a tangle with Enrique for Johnson's goal too...

Coloccini was playing really well until he had to come off and despite his limitations, Shola did offer a bit more stickability when the ball was played up to him.

Another 'what-might-have-been'...but these things do not keep you in the PL, because its hard to see where the goals are coming from.

Krul - 7

Perch - 6

Colo - 7

Williamson - 7

Enrique - 7

HBA - n/a

Jonas - 7.5

Barton - 6

Tiote - 7.5

Ameobi - 6

Campbell - 7.5

Carroll - 6

Routledge - 5

Nice to see it's not just us that don't rate Nolan ;)

Sad truth is, though, that an Everton fan forgetting to give him a mark says more than a Toon fan giving him a 3 or 4...