James Perch

James

Guest Ridzuan

Never heard of him before he joined the club. And I think his performance so far justify why he is completely unknown. Dont have a clue why Chris bought him here. Hes crap. We dont need anymore RB. Both Taylors could play there and Simpson too. He should have bought a LB instead.

Don't hate the lad but he's just so obviously not good enough to play at this level. He's a liability, managers know it and target him. Needs to be dropped or sold, don't particularly care which one tbh.

Don't hate the lad but he's just so obviously not good enough to play at this level. He's a liability, managers know it and target him. Needs to be dropped or sold, don't particularly care which one tbh.

I don't think that anyone should hate a player that appears to give his all and actually cares, it's just unfortunate that he has no where near the quality required for this level.

Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful player. Complete liability. Wouldn't wish him playing for our own worst enemies.

If he never played for us again, I would celebrate.

what did you expect when we bought him ?

Hadn't really seen him play, was pleased we signed him as was clearly the player Hughton and Calderwood wanted as they'd been tracking him for months and I trusted their judgement especially as Calderwood was his ex manager. I was in the wrong to do so.

you get nowt for nowt in this world

You realise that we paid a 7 figure fee for him?

thats what I meant

Guest firetotheworks

The worst bit for me was something that didn't get us caught out. We were already 2 down and he goes storming down the wing, leaving a massive gap down the right side. Fine, fair enough if you get a decent ball, and under no circumstances lose the ball. So he basically passes it to their centre back who immediately pings it to NZogbia, meaning Willy and Tiote have to sprint to get into any kind of decent covering positions. A certain amount of blame lies with Guthrie, but in his defence, he's actually a good footballer, but is not a right winger.

Perch is a mistake waiting to happen, but what's worse is that he doesn't just not learn from it, but does specifically the most naive thing he can in certain situations.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/10/17/hughton-backs-james-perch-after-another-bad-display-79310-27486966/

Hughton backs James Perch after another bad display

Oct 17 2010 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

CHRIS HUGHTON threw a protective arm around James Perch after he endured another torrid St James’ Park afternoon.

The right-back was jeered off after being given the runaround by Charles N’Zogbia – not the kind of response required after his own goal nightmare against Stoke.

But the Newcastle boss – delighted to earn a “massively important point” – leapt to his defence, claiming the young defender will improve.

“I would look at it over a period of games and I think since the start of the season he’s been in reasonably consistent form,” Hughton said.

“He’s a lad that is still learning. He’s new to the Premier League which is the same case with others in the team. He’ll get stronger with the experiences.”

While there were things for Hughton to ponder after another winnable home game went begging, he was delighted to earn a point from a game that was running away from his side at half-time.

And he knows it could be crucial come May.

“I think it was a massively important point,” the Newcastle boss said. “We were at home, we set our stall out and with the formation we had we set out to win the game.

“We knew we were on the back of two home defeats and it’s not something that we wanted to continue. St James’ was a fortress last year and the only way we can do that is to draw out some results here.

“We showed our intent with the formation we went for but there was difficulties in that. They kept the ball very well and in a first-half period we had times when we weren’t keeping it well enough.

“In the end we showed great character and quality towards the end to get back into it.

“I thought it was a very well deserved point in the end. We battled hard against a very good and very well-drilled Wigan side that showed why they have got results away from home that they have got.”

Hughton also felt that United’s dogged spirit was a major plus from an occasionally troubling afternoon.

“We showed great spirit and determination in the second half – hence why we got the point,” he said. “It was a classic case of digging something out. What we have is great character – I was always aware of that. We have been able to create a bit of spirit, that is what the players have done.

Hughton confirmed that Kevin Nolan missed out with an ankle problem suffered in training on Thursday.

“It was my decision to rest him. He’s my captain and a top-class individual.

“He’s played with a couple of knocks and hence that’s why he wasn’t on the bench. That’s why I put him on the bench – I’m sure he’ll come back stronger.”

And he confirmed that Sol Campbell had missed out on the squad with a thigh injury.

Hughton must not think much of Ryan Taylor if Perch and Guthrie are both ahead of him for a right side position.

Guest neesy111

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/10/17/hughton-backs-james-perch-after-another-bad-display-79310-27486966/

Hughton backs James Perch after another bad display

Oct 17 2010 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

CHRIS HUGHTON threw a protective arm around James Perch after he endured another torrid St James’ Park afternoon.

The right-back was jeered off after being given the runaround by Charles N’Zogbia – not the kind of response required after his own goal nightmare against Stoke.

But the Newcastle boss – delighted to earn a “massively important point” – leapt to his defence, claiming the young defender will improve.

“I would look at it over a period of games and I think since the start of the season he’s been in reasonably consistent form,” Hughton said.

“He’s a lad that is still learning. He’s new to the Premier League which is the same case with others in the team. He’ll get stronger with the experiences.”

While there were things for Hughton to ponder after another winnable home game went begging, he was delighted to earn a point from a game that was running away from his side at half-time.

And he knows it could be crucial come May.

“I think it was a massively important point,” the Newcastle boss said. “We were at home, we set our stall out and with the formation we had we set out to win the game.

“We knew we were on the back of two home defeats and it’s not something that we wanted to continue. St James’ was a fortress last year and the only way we can do that is to draw out some results here.

“We showed our intent with the formation we went for but there was difficulties in that. They kept the ball very well and in a first-half period we had times when we weren’t keeping it well enough.

“In the end we showed great character and quality towards the end to get back into it.

“I thought it was a very well deserved point in the end. We battled hard against a very good and very well-drilled Wigan side that showed why they have got results away from home that they have got.”

Hughton also felt that United’s dogged spirit was a major plus from an occasionally troubling afternoon.

“We showed great spirit and determination in the second half – hence why we got the point,” he said. “It was a classic case of digging something out. What we have is great character – I was always aware of that. We have been able to create a bit of spirit, that is what the players have done.

Hughton confirmed that Kevin Nolan missed out with an ankle problem suffered in training on Thursday.

“It was my decision to rest him. He’s my captain and a top-class individual.

“He’s played with a couple of knocks and hence that’s why he wasn’t on the bench. That’s why I put him on the bench – I’m sure he’ll come back stronger.”

And he confirmed that Sol Campbell had missed out on the squad with a thigh injury.

Hughton must not think much of Ryan Taylor if Perch and Guthrie are both ahead of him for a right side position.

Hughton is banking on Perch improving, sadly we don't have that luxury this season.

Must be dropped. Gone past the point of showing confidence. Simpson's back and apparently looking good. Even for the player's sake, it's only about protecting whatever reputation he has got - need to stop fans' embarrassment turning to anger. Even if Hughton's convinced he's gonna be world class in the future, he's not gonna be in the next 10 games, so should wait for another opportunity to play him...

Must be dropped. Gone past the point of showing confidence. Simpson's back and apparently looking good. Even for the player's sake, it's only about protecting whatever reputation he has got - need to stop fans' embarrassment turning to anger. Even if Hughton's convinced he's gonna be world class in the future, he's not gonna be in the next 10 games, so should wait for another opportunity to play him...

Totally understand Forest fans reaction after the sale now!

Raping was always on the cards against a player of the class of N'Zogbia.

And they knew it, he has played wide right for Wigan most of this season, comes here plays on the left as they know he would murder Perch.

He is an obvious weak link, all other managers can see it.