West Ham Utd vs Newcastle United Pre-match thread 23/10/10 5:30pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

Coloccini has been comfortably our best player this season IMO.

Agree.

Considering what he was like the last time we were in the Premier League, the improvement is staggering.

Not really, he started off well last time, but come the cold months he was knackered and mentally exhausted from playing every minute of every match in a losing team that couldn't keep possession of the ball.

Guest Heneage

Agree.

Considering what he was like the last time we were in the Premier League, the improvement is staggering.

Not really, he started off well last time, but come the cold months he was knackered and mentally exhausted from playing every minute of every match in a losing team that couldn't keep possession of the ball.

:thup:

He's vital for us, and with Enrique is one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Agree.

:thup:

He's vital for us, and with Enrique is one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Enrique and Colo are top class. How we've managed to keep hold of them through all this I don't know, but I'm grateful. The only 2 players I don't want replaced at all, everyone else I wouldn't mind if we got an upgrade. But Colo and Enrique? I want them to be here for the rest of their careers :smitten:

I think the near-loss to Wigan will put the fear of God into this team and they'll come out roaring against West Ham.

They might even score a goal!  :harry: 

Seriously tho, there's bound to be some sort of wild misadventure in the vicinity of Robert Green.  Maybe someone will bank one in off his arse. 

(my first football post!)

Am I the only who disagree with Coloccini being our best player this season so far? He looked shaky against Man Utd and Villa for the first half. Enrique on the other hand has performed well in every match.

Jonas has been ok, he's not the best player at his position but definitely our best attacking player since Ben Arfa has been injured. He look sto create at least, and I don't know if he just keeps on running cause he doesn't rely on his teammates ability or if he simply is a chickenhead.

But for me Enrique has been the best player this season by far. Colo has been great, don't take this wrong, but Enrique has been better.

Am I the only who disagree with Coloccini being our best player this season so far? He looked shaky against Man Utd and Villa for the first half. Enrique on the other hand has performed well in every match.

Jonas has been ok, he's not the best player at his position but definitely our best attacking player since Ben Arfa has been injured. He look sto create at least, and I don't know if he just keeps on running cause he doesn't rely on his teammates ability or if he simply is a chickenhead.

But for me Enrique has been the best player this season by far. Colo has been great, don't take this wrong, but Enrique has been better.

I like Enrique a lot but Coloccini is ahead of him.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I think the near-loss to Wigan will put the fear of God into this team and they'll come out roaring against West Ham.

They might even score a goal!   :harry: 

Seriously tho, there's bound to be some sort of wild misadventure in the vicinity of Robert Green.  Maybe someone will bank one in off his arse. 

(my first football post!)

Welcome!

I'd say Simpson has been our best player so far.

Certainly the most improved from last season

Certainly hasn't done anything wrong yet!

He's been injured, leaving the RB spot for Perch all season, that's what he's done wrong.

I don't get the constant hard on people have for Jonas on here. I'd say he's 50-50 with every ball he gets

Routledge is 30-70 and him aside we have no recognised wide players.  As such 50-50 gives people a priaprism

I'd say Simpson has been our best player so far.

Certainly the most improved from last season

Certainly hasn't done anything wrong yet!

He's been injured, leaving the RB spot for Perch all season, that's what he's done wrong.

That's more a result of Calderwood's trolling though.

I don't get the constant hard on people have for Jonas on here. I'd say he's 50-50 with every ball he gets

He is our only creative player.

He is the only player we have that can run with the ball.

He is one of few players that we have that can be given the ball knowing he will hold on to it or draw a foul/throw etc.

We have nobody (young Shane Ferguson aside) to replace him.

He has a good song.

He has long hair.

:lol: I just read on .COM That Dyer is fit and could be chosen to play.... this is a joke right?

Since he left us he has only started 13 games (and never scored). Can anyone tell me if he has ever finished any of those or has he gone off injured in all 13?

I would guess that he is a cert to score against us since he hasn't done so since 2007 for us aginst Watford.

Guest neesy111

:lol: I just read on .COM That Dyer is fit and could be chosen to play.... this is a joke right?

Since he left us he has only started 13 games (and never scored). Can anyone tell me if he has ever finished any of those or has he gone off injured in all 13?

I would guess that he is a cert to score against us since he hasn't done so since 2007 for us aginst Watford.

The selling of dyer, was the start of our midfield looking slow and work man like.  At least with dyer you knew you had someone who could run with the ball.

really needs to be in the betting thread.

edit.....best price first goalscorer 14/1 (skybet), can't find anytime goalscorer yet.

I'd be more shocked if he didn't tbh. If not, then Parker will no doubt rattle one in from 30 yards.

The selling of dyer, was the start of our midfield looking slow and work man like.  At least with dyer you knew you had someone who could run with the ball.

It's okay being able to run with the ball but he can't do it whilst he's sat on the treatment table.

It's okay being able to run with the ball but he can't do it whilst he's sat on the treatment table.

I was going to say the same. No question Dyer looked good on some days and he could run for 90 minutes but, Woodgate aside, selling him was one of the best pieces of business this club has done.

really needs to be in the betting thread.

edit.....best price first goalscorer 14/1 (skybet), can't find anytime goalscorer yet.

If he starts, or maybe even is on the bench, I'm definitely having a piece of him anytime goalscorer like :lol: