Colin Calderwood

Dave

Jumped before him and Hughton are pushed?

Lose the derby and Ashley will bin Hughton, I'm convinced of it.

Nah, can't see it. Calderwood has taken a manager's role and we'll have got paid for it - everyone wins. Beardsley will be promoted I reckon.

No doubt about it, what is Hib's loss is Newcastle's gain. As these are both my teams sorry that he had to to Hibs but delighted he is away from NUFC. Just one more to go out the door now. Just a matter of time !!!

Guest Heneage

Kind of glad in a way he's gone, I never rated him, but that was based on nothing bar a poor stint at Forest.

Wasn't he only manager for two seasons?  One they got into the play-offs and the next they got promoted?  If so that's hardly poor is it?

Forest fans I know despise him, said he's very negative and a terrible man manager.

Kind of glad in a way he's gone, I never rated him, but that was based on nothing bar a poor stint at Forest.

Wasn't he only manager for two seasons?  One they got into the play-offs and the next they got promoted?  If so that's hardly poor is it?

Forest fans I know despise him, said he's very negative and a terrible man manager.

He's neither negative, nor a terrible man manager. Very disappointed he has taken the post.

What an arse of a day it has been. :no:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It really does worry me. Does any other Premier League club have such a pathetically small backroom team? And inexperienced, Beardsley's not coached for a majorly long time, and same with Stone.

Coached at the toon for a while, then left after the alleged bully incident. Quickly found work at Boro, was there for nearly two seasons on a part-time role, came to the Toon and coached on a part-time basis for nearly 2 seasons before being promoted to reserve coach. Agree that the Backroom staff is small, possibly too small (certainly now Calderwood has left), however Paul Barron does more than Coach the Keepers.

If Perch really was Calderwood.. Maybe we can flog him to Hibs in January?

Look at how Perch thanked them

"It's been a great move for me and I've got to thank Colin [Calderwood] and Chris [Hughton] for installing faith in me"

Not many players thank the number 2 before the manager.

Guest Stephen927

This may seem really radical but how about an assistant with a good track record who has no past affiliation with NUFC or Spurs?

And one that Hughton feels he could actually work with.

Some of the names mentioned might be good coaches, but if Hughton can't work well with them then it's irrelevant.