Newcastle United v Sunderland - 31/10/10 Live on SkySports HD1 1:30pm

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, Sunderland have scored only 9 goals this season, 5 of them from Bent. How many of those 5 were pens?

Who scored their other 4?

OG 2

Gyan 2

and 2 of bents goals were pens (so he's scored the same ammount from open play as kevin nolan)

As this is a game we cannot afford to lose,it's possible we may go back to 4-5-1.

Thoughts?

Could well happen with Cautious Chris. I'd start with 2 up top but he might decide to play Nolan behind Carroll and match them in the middle of the park. Horses for courses. 

As this is a game we cannot afford to lose,it's possible we may go back to 4-5-1.

Thoughts?

The only possible reason for doing that would be to combat Sunderland's 5 man midfield, but that system suits Sunderland as Bent is an ideal striker to play on his own, whereas Carroll works best with someone alongside IMO. Plus, like I said, I am not sure Sunderland will be able to cope with both Carroll and Shola battering their defence.

had a dream last night that it finished 0-0.  Nolan had a penalty saved by Mignolet in the first half, we battered them, they countered, won a penalty in the 88th minute, but Bent skied it, far worse than Carew's.  Having said all this, I was sat in the East stand, when I'm in the Leazes today.  So its a load of bollocks, I'm not going to be one that said 'we won in my dream, I feel good about this'.

Just hope Barton keeps his head.

He will, he did well against Wolves when he was targetted and will do the same against the mackems, I wouldn't be surprised to see him score today.

i'd be more concerned about nolan and tiote keeping their heads and jonas his legs.

As a non-Geordie, the build-up to this game is a bit scary. Sunderland aren't a bad side, and it'll be a battle. If we don't win, there's no need for any heads to roll.

The only result which will cause waves is a loss. A draw, while not what we want, would probably be grudgingly accepted. Sunderland might not be scoring many but they aren't losing many either.