Arsenal vs Newcastle United - Sunday 7th Nov (1.30pm) live on Sky

joeyt

Guest firetotheworks

I think this match in particular has the potential to show how far we've come. Away against Everton, West Ham, Wolves and Man City there were at least periods where we passed them off the park. The point being that, that's how Arsenal play, and they're the best in the league at it. I think the point will be made to the players to really make things count. Against those other teams we could handle a poor cross from Jonas, or a easily defended long ball up to Carroll, but against Arsenal they'll know that when they do that, they're unlikely to have the ball for a while.

I'd like to see this match at least be a training session, or a lesson for us in really making good situations count. I doubt it'll work in this match, but doing it against one of the best teams in the league will hopefully allow the lesson to trickle down to when we play Blackburn and so on.

As the whole season goes this game is fairly irrelevant, the next two home games are crucial however

I'd be happy with no injuries or suspensions

We'll have to start better than the League cup game. I know the team is different but they had 4 goal attempts inside the first 48seconds, and it was us who kicked off!

Can't start like that again.