Arsenal vs Newcastle United - Sunday 7th Nov (1.30pm) live on Sky

joeyt

I envisage a 3-1 or 3-0 loss to be honest. Arsenal are in great form at the moment and I can't see us changing that. We'll have something to prove after the LC match though so there is scope for a surprise. Playing at our best, it will be a 2-2 draw.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Anything from games like this is a bonus.

The thing is we could play for a draw and still get beat by 3 or 4, so we have to take it as it comes.

Just watched the game again. Each time i watch it Barton's performance in particular really stands out more and more. He surprisingly has really thrived on the right hand side of midfield as he's not particularly pacey (like lennon or walcot) or skillfull (like waddle, milner, joe cole etc).  He very intellegently knows when to defend, when to drift in and when to stay on the right. But best of all is those absolutely beautiful early beckham like crosses he puts over to feed Caroll, Shola and Nolan (who thrived on them) are just incredible.

Its very important to have variation to our game and the fact we not only bombarded them with great airiel crossing but also took people on on the floor on the left and right to get crosses in is brilliant.

Very excited about this team and formation. early days but so far looks very promising indeed. Arsenal away is about as tough a test as you can get for it. We should definately go for it again. Arsenal should struggle to cope with it in my opinion. Mind you does leave us slightly more exposed.

Opposing managers will either have to stop us delivering the crosses or have some superb defenders to deal with the crosses.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He's improved slightly but flappyanski still seems poor on crosses, so, yeah, could be something there for us.

Just watched the game again. Each time i watch it Barton's performance in particular really stands out more and more. He surprisingly has really thrived on the right hand side of midfield as he's not particularly pacey (like lennon or walcot) or skillfull (like waddle, milner, joe cole etc).  He very intellegently knows when to defend, when to drift in and when to stay on the right. But best of all is those absolutely beautiful early beckham like crosses he puts over to feed Caroll, Shola and Nolan (who thrived on them) are just incredible.

Its very important to have variation to our game and the fact we not only bombarded them with great airiel crossing but also took people on on the floor on the left and right to get crosses in is brilliant.

Very excited about this team and formation. early days but so far looks very promising indeed. Arsenal away is about as tough a test as you can get for it. We should definately go for it again. Arsenal should struggle to cope with it in my opinion. Mind you does leave us slightly more exposed.

Opposing managers will either have to stop us delivering the crosses or have some superb defenders to deal with the crosses.

He's obviouly not as talented but he plays a bit like Beckham imo.

John Anderson said on the radio this week that Shola cannot play 3 games in a week because of his hip and was wondering if he would be kept back for the Blackburn game.

I thought Shola was over his injury problems.  Has there been any other mention of him not being able to play 3 games in a week before?

On the plus side, they were poor and needed a late goal against the worst team in the league last week.  Unfortunately Wenger seemed pretty pissed off about that and he's warned them against 'complacency', so I don't think we can rely on them being as lacklustre against us unfortunately.

Guest Roger Kint

Anything from this is a bonus.

Same team, have a go at them. Can see their CB struggling with Carroll, Shola and Nolan if we can get enough crosses in for them.

This for me, we always get beat anyway so sod it and let them enjoy it. You never know it could get us a draw if we handle their passing game.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Reet, so if we can get Hugo Viana, Jamie McLean and Laurent Robert in on loan for this game we should be sound. For some reason, I want to bring Andy O'Brien in too.