Newcastle United vs Blackburn Rovers 19:45 10/11/10 Pre-Match thread

joeyt

He was so obviously the wrong man for us from the moment he was announced as manager - it was a terrible appointment.

I think the dislike comes from the fact that he played awful, awful football with a fucking abysmal negative approach for his time here, led us to the brink of relegation and then continued to say he was treated badly, never deserved to be sacked and was generally doing a good job.

Couldn't get a game which is a sharper contrast to Arsenal away. I think we'll win narrowly after being patient against some serious spoiling tactics.

Can't understand the Allardyce hype around the game, he was a bit of a non event here and by no means hated - he was being supported (publicly) by the fans right to the end. He's moved on and so have we - don't see any reason for grudges.

Crowd will be 5K less than Saturday, I understand some fans have to travel and midweek is difficult but I love Wednesday night matches almost as much as Saturday 3pm kick offs.

I think this thread is proof alone that the blob is hated by quite a few fans actually.

You're right - he quite obviously is - I just don't particularly understand it.

He's a poor manager - we sacked him - he's a bit deluded but never said anything bad about NUFC.

Glad he's nowhere near our club but can't hold a grudge either.

Never said anything bad? The thing that irks me is he's telling everyone that will listen that we are impatient, from the chairman to the fans. He makes out that he was doing a fantastic job and wasn't appreciated. And for that, I despise him for his pure delusion and sense of grandeur.

I'd say the main reason he is despised by our fans is purely the fact he can't hold his hands up and say 'okay, it didn't work'. He won't even give a half-assed 'right person, wrong time'. Quite simply, he didn't get time, he was doing well, and we were impatient and too expectant.

Just his pure arrogance means I would gladly watch that man do well with Blackburn, get the England job and crash and burn just so he can do it high-profile and we never have to endure his shite again as no Premiership club will waste their time with him.

Worst thing for me was that when he was appointed he said he wouldn't play the same boring Bolton football here because he had more resources and whatever. Then what does he do? He does not only play the most boring, abysmal football possible, but he's not even getting results while doing it.

Then of course how he's constantly bigging himself up, fucks me right off.

Guest Roger Kint

It was his subs more than owt else for me, stunk of negativity/madness. Just flicking down the list of games that season and the amount of times he would take both strikers off and change the formation or bring a defender on for a midfielder was mental. He seemed determined to have about 5 players a game in the wrong posistions

Guest neesy111

The c*** also bought Jose and wouldn't play the f***er, think he stuck N'Zogbia at left back.

At least he bought Jose. That's one thing we can be thankful to the self-obsessed prick for.

He never bloody played him.

The c*** also bought Jose and wouldn't play the f***er, think he stuck N'Zogbia at left back.

At least he bought Jose. That's one thing we can be thankful to the self-obsessed prick for.

He never bloody played him.

But if he hadn't signed him we wouldn't be benefiting from his brilliance now.

Allardyce's team of big bastards is probably one of those well equipped to deal with our twin tower strike force. Unless someone can produce an exceptional pice of skill I can see this one being a low scoring draw. One of those games where a Ben Arfa off the bench could have been useful.

Will be just like us to throw away a good chance to get some points between us and 6th.. do all the hard work to get a run going then blow it with a s*** performance.

We have seen it so many times before.

Not since the 4-4-2 formation and Hughton's suit we haven't

He was so obviously the wrong man for us from the moment he was announced as manager - it was a terrible appointment.

I think the dislike comes from the fact that he played awful, awful football with a fucking abysmal negative approach for his time here, led us to the brink of relegation and then continued to say he was treated badly, never deserved to be sacked and was generally doing a good job.

Disagree with that, at the time (ie under Shepherd and with our finances looking pretty shoddy) it made a lot of sense. I've admitted a few times on here since that I thought he'd do well for us.

Disagree with that, at the time (ie under Shepherd and with our finances looking pretty shoddy) it made a lot of sense. I've admitted a few times on here since that I thought he'd do well for us.

I was one of many that was well chuffed when he got him in.. okay bubble burst pretty quick but still at the time it was good news.

I have a bad feeling about this match, i haven't seen Blackburn play but for some reason i am just not that confident we can win today.

me too, I just think they are going to be really difficult to play against. Cold windy wednesday night too, cant imagine the crowd are going to be at full belt. Score draw or either team to sneak it by one i think?!

I was one of many that was well chuffed when he got him in.. okay bubble burst pretty quick but still at the time it was good news.

Interesting that people felt like this... I'm not saying you're wrong, I didn't have any psychic premonition or anything, there was just something about the appointment that didn't fit with NUFC.

I'm not one of the "we're special, we only deserve the best" brigade, but at the same time we do put a lot of importance on our football, and we're unlikey to put up with complete dirge every week - especially if it's not getting results.

I just thought that Sam would never deliver anything other than boredom and mediocrity.

I think you're overestimating the football we'd grown used to over the previous few years. It was garbage.

I may have been guilty of that too (if guilty is the right word) because I was quite saturnine about his arrival as I recall.