Manchester City

OzzieMandias

And fields of anfield road is the worst song in English football. Worse than all the current bastardisations of the blaydon races.

Annoys me so much them scouse cunts have robbed that song

Rangers took it and made it their own.

I would definitely have mixed feelings if we had done what City have. It's totally soulless. Then again that's a problem with football rather than any specific club.

you've got a point about football (well top level football anyway) being rather soulless but there's something rather emptier with what they've done and to a lesser extent chelsea (they had a tendency to buy expensive players anyway just with abramovich there's more of them and they don't go next to bankrupt from it now) I just can't explain why it makes me uncomfortable.

In theory they're doing everything right, developing the stadium and the area around it, trying to improve their youth set up to bring players through, sensible enough ticket pricing from what I've gathered compared to other clubs near the top (ie Arsenal) and the team plays good football. It just doesn't feel right and I'd have decidedly mixed feelings if it had happened here but thats  something we won't have anyway thanks to the FFP regulations and the current champions league clubs trying to bring up the drawbridge behind them to stop others kicking them out of the cozy club.

I'm sure a lot of the true fans have been priced out and replaced by glory-hunting drones. Success breeds so many idiots. It was almost more fun following my local teams when they were s***. There's so many embarrassing individuals clinging on now and ruining it for everyone.

On another note, when's the last time an academy player from City played a game? Even Chelsea has some coming through..If these clubs could mix all the rich signings with some developed talent it would make them a bit more likable.

Yeah, some of the "developed" talent from the dozens of players they've bought and loaned across the continent. Nope, not likable in the slightest.

And fields of anfield road is the worst song in English football. Worse than all the current bastardisations of the blaydon races.

Paddy Reilly would be turning in his grave listening to that utter shit. Well, he would if he was actually dead.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2014/October/City-v-CSKA-Moscow-exclusive-ticket-offer

Bahahahaha.

Having to offer buy one get one free tickets for their next home Champions League match because even against one of the best teams in Europe in Roma they had over 10k empty seats.

They have the money and trophies recently but they'll never be a big club.  Just an utter fucking embarrassment.

Least likes of Chelsea were winning trophies and playing CL footy before they had the money, and Liverpool have always been a proper club.  This lot are just a bunch of charva lottery winners.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2014/October/City-v-CSKA-Moscow-exclusive-ticket-offer

Bahahahaha.

Having to offer buy one get one free tickets for their next home Champions League match because even against one of the best teams in Europe in Roma they had over 10k empty seats.

They have the money and trophies recently but they'll never be a big club.  Just an utter f***ing embarrassment.

Least likes of Chelsea were winning trophies and playing CL footy before they had the money, and Liverpool have always been a proper club.  This lot are just a bunch of charva lottery winners.

Stop. City fans are having a hard time and they are really poor. I know you apparently have a good job, you are in no position to laugh at them.

Guest firetotheworks

Chelsea were a hateful club before Abramovich and had a hatful of absolute cunts playing for them. When he came in they just became hateful in another way.

I mentioned CL football, they played CL football.  What's to get?

Was great watching them get turned over at Camp Nou after winning 3-1 first leg at the Bridge.

Playing implies more than once

And they were, when they were playing CL football they played more than one match.

What an utterly daft attempt at pedantry.

Bahahahaha.

They have the money and trophies recently but they'll never be a big club.  Just an utter f***ing embarrassment.

Stop. City fans are having a hard time and they are really poor. I know you apparently have a good job, you are in no position to laugh at them.

Worst post of the year in the next N-O awards wrapped up.  Well done, whoever you are.

Bahahahaha.

Worst post of the year in the next N-O awards wrapped up.  Well done, whoever you are.

Must not be in one of those cliques you're so wound up about.

Not that long since Chelsea's star striker was Paul Furlong. They just won the jackpot basically.

Or Vialli and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

Look, it's very simple and has been said repeatedly every time people try this revisionist nonsense. Chelsea were doing well just before Abramovich but were living way beyond their means and were about to go bust. Ken Bates got bailed out by Abramovich, whereupon they spent a spectacularly obscene amount of money which cemented them at the top. Without the insane amount of money he spent they would be either bust or mediocre...not least because that money would have gone to another club. Maybe even Newcastle.

I hate Chelsea more like, their team was full of pricks before the money arrived and all signs pointed towards them encountering financial trouble.  Hate their fans too, more so than Man City's.  I'm fairly ambivalent towards Man City tbh, I've hated Chelsea since the mid-90s though.