Manchester City

OzzieMandias

Never really understand the point of criticising clubs because of the number and/or makeup of their fans. Either it's an accident of geography or it's relative to success, either way it's not really a point of competition between clubs.

The only reason we don't have more Essex-based glory hunters is that we don't have any glory.

Never really understand the point of criticising clubs because of the number and/or makeup of their fans.

OK, what shall we sing about then?  How good their players are?  How efficient the Manchester Metrolink is?

They've styled themselves on being a proper working class club for local supporters, compared to their big 'Franchise FC' neighbours and now they're going the 'global brand' route, can we not take the piss without getting essentialist about it?

I know plenty of people from Manchester, and some of them are red and some of them are blue. The idea that it was only Man City had a local following while Man U fans were all from Essex or Thailand was never any more than a wind-up. And yes, Man City will now have their share of glory-hunters, too. In fact that's the whole point of the investment, from Abu Dhabi's point of view. I don't think they'd get away with something like that cheeky  Tevez "Welcome to Manchester" billboard now.

Everytime they win it pisses of Man Utd. That'll do for me.

Me, too. Until it's them standing in the way of our long-overdue league victory.

Not holding breath.

It's only a matter of time before both clubs are as bad as each other. I'm all for Man Utd getting a kick up the arse, but soon enough it will be sickening to watch either of them winning anything.

I know plenty of people from Manchester, and some of them are red and some of them are blue. The idea that it was only Man City had a local following while Man U fans were all from Essex or Thailand was never any more than a wind-up. And yes, Man City will now have their share of glory-hunters, too. In fact that's the whole point of the investment, from Abu Dhabi's point of view. I don't think they'd get away with something like that cheeky  Tevez "Welcome to Manchester" billboard now.

investment? as in getting some money back?

Everytime they win it pisses of Man Utd. That'll do for me.

Me, too. Until it's them standing in the way of our long-overdue league victory.

Not holding breath.

It's only a matter of time before both clubs are as bad as each other. I'm all for Man Utd getting a kick up the arse, but soon enough it will be sickening to watch either of them winning anything.

:sadnod:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chubby Jason

How long do they have to stem this before financial fair play comes in? They just seem to be merrily ignoring that it's on the horizon.