Manchester City

OzzieMandias

Let them have their moment.

We'd be partying all summer if the roles were reversed.

i'd be embarrassed if we won it like they have. muted celebration at best.

Nobody will win it any other way anymore.

depends on platini, and man utd were pretty close today.

didnt Man utd actually finish thier season top of the league?

didnt Man utd actually finish thier season top of the league?

you're right you know.

Guest Phil K

Nothing, bar the fact they'd given Man U's gloryhunter fans a taste of the same soul crushing disappointment they always manage to inflict on other teams

man utd have earned their titles, man city have been handed theirs.

Bull - so how much did Rooney, Ferdinand, Berbatov, Carrick etc etc cost ? Bargain basement buys were they ?

No difference.

Nothing, bar the fact they'd given Man U's gloryhunter fans a taste of the same soul crushing disappointment they always manage to inflict on other teams

Bull - so how much did Rooney, Ferdinand, Berbatov, Carrick etc etc cost ? Bargain basement buys were they ?

No difference.

The difference being Man Utd were able to afford these players due to success of winning many league titles, fa cups and champions leagues over the years and became a global brand because of this.

City are no marks, just a bunch of small timers who got lucky some arabs got bored and wanted a new hobby.

No difference.

They generate their own income.

Cough, unlike man city, chelsea.

tramps with tenners.

Guest Chubby Jason

No difference.

The difference being Man Utd were able to afford these players due to success of winning many league titles, fa cups and champions leagues over the years and became a global brand because of this.

City are no marks, just a bunch of small timers who got lucky some arabs got bored and wanted a new hobby.

Aye. Plastic, horrible little club with the fans to match.

Man City home form:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDWWW

Away:

WWDWWWWDLDLWLWLDWWW

They had a poor run 9 game run away from home where they only got 2 wins in the middle of the season. Think they also crashed out of all the cups in this period as well.

Yet they were so good in the rest of the season that they still put 89 points on the board - only 5 short of Mourinho's record of 94.

Possible reasons for that blip?

Toure going to ACON? Flaky form of Dzeko while Tevez and Balotelli acted like pricks? Lack of cover at centre half (remember Savic getting a few games). I also saw Gary Neville do a piece on Monday Night football where he reckoned Manicini had been sussed out a bit tactically.

6 wins on the bounce to finish off with suggests Mancini got any tactical problems sorted out.

Point I'm making is there are really obvious areas where they can improve next year, yet they still got a massive points haul. I thought they were the best side I'd seen at SJP in a long time - Toure and Kompany could show themselves to be as good as the Premier League has ever seen.

If they splash the cash on RVP and chuck some money at a few other big name players I could see them winning the league by a distance next year, and possibly dominating for some time after that.

Will today be remembered as the day power shifted across Manchester?

Guest neesy111

Man City home form:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDWWW

Fucking ludicrous that tbf.

Very similar to our 95/96 home form.  Only different is 1 defeat to Man Utd.

Man City home form:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDWWW

Fucking ludicrous that tbf.

Very similar to our 95/96 home form.  Only different is 1 defeat to Man Utd.

what a miserable night that was. :(

Guest BooBoo

Talk about value for money on a season ticket.

Although in 95/96, our record was W17 D1 L1

Of course we dropped points in the most important games. :yao:

I think there is also a problem with Man City that is a problem in a lot of teams crammed with attacking talent, where there is often a huge lack of width when you have really creative wingers who want to cut inside and shoot themselves, however it does help teams park the bus. (barca have had a similar malaise this season) and partially why Man U have been able to keep up with them with ostensibly a weaker squad with fewer creative players, their system pretty much guarantees plenty of balls are going to get into the box, and often with less time to organise behind. It's a system that fails against an organised pressing side (hence Man U's poor record in Europe this season and against City themselves) but will win most league games against awed opposition that City struggled to away.

Watching the last 10 mins of City game what was distinctive was the same that happened to Barca against Chelsea, obviously there were players there plenty of players there who could shoot from distance, when QPR lining up on edge of box, but City players do not want to be responsible for hoofing it over the bar and giving up possession as that could cause breakaway, hence going for the tap in.

I call this "just fucking shoot" syndrome as htat was what i was screaming at barca vs chelsea all the time lol

Imo wingers with pace who might actually go outside would be a good addition.

I still can't get over some of their fans leaving before the final whistle. Seriously...wtf?

More needs to be made of that. Utterly pathetic. Last game of the season, win or lose, they should have stuck it out until the end.

Most of their fans are decent and will support the team to the very end but some of them have unfortunately been corrupted by the success that's been gained by the money (basically some supporters have become very fickle which is a shame considering where they were more than a decade ago).

I still can't get over some of their fans leaving before the final whistle. Seriously...wtf?

More needs to be made of that. Utterly pathetic. Last game of the season, win or lose, they should have stuck it out until the end.

Most of their fans are decent and will support the team to the very end but some of them have unfortunately been corrupted by the success that's been gained by the money (basically some supporters have become very fickle which is a shame considering where they were more than a decade ago).

i thought that till i went there for the away game. they have an awful lot of dick heads who have jumped the band wagon, also as said by the mancs in the pub pre game last week, who had one pint then nicked off post game because of other twattish mancs.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Bollox it doesn't matter a toss if they bought the title and won it at the last minute any fan of a club would still celebrate winning the league.

We tried to buy the title and blew it.

No team  wins the league without a lot of money these days.

Guest BooBoo

I defy any NUFC fan not to have gone bezerk if we had won the league in such similar  amazing circumstances, rich sugar daddy or not. Yes they're bankrolled but we are now firmly in a football culture of "if you can't beat em join em."

Preventing Manchester United from winning anything would make me like just abut anyone.

I've had this discussion before, many times. Man U would have earnt their title because they won a ridiculous amount in the past and this has given them more money and a bigger base than everyone else. Sorry, I enjoy a bit of upward mobility in the game, however it comes about. Titles are won on the pitch and the players representing this club performed better than anyone else.