Bolton 5 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/11/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

I'm watching the match and I don't know where the idea that we started well has come from.  We certainly didn't.

I watched it, and we were the better side up until the goal. They barely had a touch. Think you're letting hindsight cloud your opinion there tbh.

This.

Guest toonlass

Just want to check. Can it be offside if Simpson effectively passed the ball to Lee? Doesn't it have to be from one of his own team mates to be offside.

Guest Tall Striker

Just want to check. Can it be offside if Simpson effectively passed the ball to Lee? Doesn't it have to be from one of his own team mates to be offside.

Nah there has to be a 15 pass flowing move before it counts.

What is it that Nolan offers when he's not scoring? Because I'll be damned if I can spot it :lol:

Absolutely terrible defending in the first half - all four of them to blame in one way or another for both goals.

Smith and Nolan aren't putting in any effort whatsoever. The only attacking threat is coming from Guthrie and Shola - what the fuck has this world come to?!?

Nolan off, Guthrie into the middle, Routledge on. Doubt we'll see any changes at HT though.

If we don't, I fail to see how we'll get back into this.

The problem is we're basically playing the same midfield that got us relegated. They're completely off the pace.

:thup:

Atrocious midfield.

I'm watching the match and I don't know where the idea that we started well has come from.  We certainly didn't.

I watched it, and we were the better side up until the penalty. They barely had a touch. Think you're letting hindsight cloud your opinion there tbh.

I went back and watched the first part of the match and we had a nice spell for a few minutes, but it never led to much.  Basically from the 10th minute on, we've been very much on the back foot.  By the time the match got to the 30 minute mark, the possession to that point was listed as 65/35 Bolton.