Bolton 5 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/11/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

for elmander's goal when he outmuscles colo, had it been carroll doing that for us, it would've been a nailed on freekick for bolton. ref pissed me off all game. dickhead.

That sounds about right. The twat fouls Colo twice in that run, which is why Colo went out for retribution. I understand when two big lads run at it full pelt there will be contact, but Colo should've gone for the ball rather than let it bounce. Fair do's I suppose for making the wrong decision.

aye, and i'm not even saying colo was fouled tbh. only that in the same circumstances we'd have been penalised. not really any different to jonas going shoulder to shoulder with their defender down the left hand touchline and the ref giving them a freekick.

anyway, not letting colo off for that one - he should;ve done far far better and he's made a rod for his own back by being too timid.

Rather give Vuckic a game than see Smith playing there again! If Hughton wants to keep Smith then he should look to use him as an emergency striker. Other than that, the lad should be sold. His entire NUFC career has been the same old shit. Not needed at the club. Should go on and try to end his playing days somewhere else.

Stupid to blame the referee. First one was a definite pen, second one was onside, third and fourth were poor defending, the 5th wasn't a pen but it hardly made a difference to the game.

Can't blame the ref for the performance but he was God awful. The first is a penalty by the latter of the law but soft none the less. The second was offside and the fifth was never a penalty. It matter because goal difference could be important come the end of the season.

Stupid to blame the referee. First one was a definite pen, second one was onside, third and fourth were poor defending, the 5th wasn't a pen but it hardly made a difference to the game.

Can't blame the ref for the performance but he was God awful. The first is a penalty by the latter of the law but soft none the less. The second was offside and the fifth was never a penalty. It matter because goal difference could be important come the end of the season.

Don't make me go on Kaizero on you and screenshot. He was level.

Enrique's been good going forward, but he's defending like the type of person who has a favourite flavour of window.

Enrique's been good going forward, but he's defending like the type of person who has a favourite flavour of window.

Jose was dog s*** today.

Most of the good things we did going forward came from either him or Carroll. I'm telling you, we need to start playing him at left wing rather than left back.

Amusing joke. And play who at LB exactly?

Sign a bloody new one :lol: I just want to see what Enrique will do to the opposition defense without the added responsibility of being a defender.

Andy Carroll the only one to come out of that game with any positives.

Terrible defending, terrible performance and terrible substitutions.

And Alan Smith was nothing short of pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Nolan wasn't much better like.

This basically.

Playing devils advocate, you can make a very strong case for Hughton not getting the job for a few more years.

This unfortunately. Could be seen as wrong, given the plaudits he got after the mackem game, but results and performances since then (bar Arsenal) have been rotten. Questions need to be asked as to what we are doing.

He was walking back form an offside position, he was clearly off.

Guest Heneage

Webb's fantastic. Because he's the FA's poster-boy he's perceived as a fantastic referee. Even my Sunderland supporting mate was having a go at him saying how poor he was, and I didn't believe it, because you hear how fantastic he is. Turns out he's much like the rest, full of shite decisions.

for elmander's goal when he outmuscles colo, had it been carroll doing that for us, it would've been a nailed on freekick for bolton. ref pissed me off all game. dickhead.

That sounds about right. The t*** fouls Colo twice in that run, which is why Colo went out for retribution. I understand when two big lads run at it full pelt there will be contact, but Colo should've gone for the ball rather than let it bounce. Fair do's I suppose for making the wrong decision.

if carroll done it you'd be screaming he just muscled him out. colo also had a fist full of shirt at one point. he got mugged and had a s*** game, just be honest.

:lol: and where did I say that it wasn't Colo's fault? IMO he was fouled, but it served him right not to get the decision due to said cock-up. Colo was an embarrassment to himself today, and there's no two ways about that.

Playing devils advocate, you can make a very strong case for Hughton not getting the job for a few more years.

This unfortunately. Could be seen as wrong, given the plaudits he got after the mackem game, but results and performances since then (bar Arsenal) have been rotten. Questions need to be asked as to what we are doing.

I'm afraid so, the media have been loving Hughton but some of our performances have been so bad.

He was walking back form an offside position, he was clearly off.

I reckon level, but regardless the two first goals were caused by our inability to just clear the ball away. Enrique should have just whacked it away but instead gave it to Colo and it ended up with Nolan handling. The second one we had a chance to whack it away and the best Simpson could do was hit it off the Bolton player's foot.

I'm afraid so, the media have been loving Hughton but some of our performances have been so bad.

Some of Chelsea's performances have been so bad.

Some of Manchester United's performances have been so bad.

Some of Arsenal's performances have been so bad.

...Whats your point?  We are 9th.

Hopefully this is a lesson learned by Hughton, if Nolan's going to play in central midfield he needs Tiote with him to do everything else. Sol should now come in at the back with a view to calming things down, Steve Taylor probably won't help in that respect. Enough of this Guthrie on the wing shit, he's not a winger, and if he's in the team purely to take a set piece then play him in his natural position for fuck sake. Shola...not good enough but him and Carroll is our best front 2 by far, Lovenkrands is poor and Ranger is raw, Best & Xisco I won't even start on.

Carroll goes from strength to strength. He's carrying the side at the minute and I hope he doesn't burn out, especially with this groin injury. It's unthinkable what would happen if he was injured for any length of time. He's going to have to rough up Chelsea's centre backs next week, whoever they are, if we are to have any chance of not losing.