Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think there's options to make the midfield work, especially because Messi is a midfielder and a forward into one.

But I don't see any scenario where you can make the defence work.

Not sure about that like. He's phenomenally amazing, but he's not very midfielder-y. Unless you're Pardew. In which case he should play left-midfield/auxiliary second left-back

Just meant he can help in the build up and create chances.

Helps to have that if your midfield is lacking, but there's real scenario for the defence like that.

Its a negative rather than a plus IMO, he has to come ridiculously deep and do everything by himself because none of their midfielders can get him the ball in good areas

Usually I'd agree, depends on what's in front of him i would say.

Would argue Dybala being there is a big help from that aspect as he can relieve some of the creative burden from Messi.

Dybala won't be playing, they both play in the same space and Dybala was poor when tried out on the wing

I think there's options to make the midfield work, especially because Messi is a midfielder and a forward into one.

Not sure about that like. He's phenomenally amazing, but he's not very midfielder-y. Unless you're Pardew. In which case he should play left-midfield/auxiliary second left-back

Helps to have that if your midfield is lacking, but there's real scenario for the defence like that.

Its a negative rather than a plus IMO, he has to come ridiculously deep and do everything by himself because none of their midfielders can get him the ball in good areas

Would argue Dybala being there is a big help from that aspect as he can relieve some of the creative burden from Messi.

Dybala won't be playing, they both play in the same space and Dybala was poor when tried out on the wing

:( wanted to see them play together, would still try it tbh think it's the only way they can be successful.

:( wanted to see them play together, would still try it tbh think it's the only way they can be successful.

Well like, I say that but I guess with Sampaoli now having a bit of time to gel the team, it could potentially happen but on all previous evidence it won't

Will Smith recorded the official anthem for this. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44220822

Will Smith 'to release World Cup song' for Russia 2018

It looks like Will Smith is involved with the official World Cup song for Russia 2018.

Reports say he'll release a new song on Friday to tie in with the tournament which begins next month.

Will appeared to confirm his involvement by posting a picture on Instagram with the caption: One Life to Live. Live it Up. #WorldCup

He tagged Diplo, Nicky Jam and Kosovar Albanian singer Era Istrefi in the post.

Newsbeat has contacted Will Smith's management for more information.

It's not known what the track is called but usually World Cup songs are performed at the start or end of the tournament.

The official song for the last World Cup in Brazil in 2014 was We Are One (Ole Ola) by Pitbull featuring Jennifer Lopez & Claudia Leitte.

The 2010 tournament in South Africa had Waka Waka by Shakira.

Thirty-two countries will take part in the World Cup which begins on 14 June.

Will Smith recorded the official anthem for this. [emoji38]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44220822

Will Smith 'to release World Cup song' for Russia 2018

It looks like Will Smith is involved with the official World Cup song for Russia 2018.

Reports say he'll release a new song on Friday to tie in with the tournament which begins next month.

Will appeared to confirm his involvement by posting a picture on Instagram with the caption: One Life to Live. Live it Up. #WorldCup

He tagged Diplo, Nicky Jam and Kosovar Albanian singer Era Istrefi in the post.

Newsbeat has contacted Will Smith's management for more information.

It's not known what the track is called but usually World Cup songs are performed at the start or end of the tournament.

The official song for the last World Cup in Brazil in 2014 was We Are One (Ole Ola) by Pitbull featuring Jennifer Lopez & Claudia Leitte.

The 2010 tournament in South Africa had Waka Waka by Shakira.

Thirty-two countries will take part in the World Cup which begins on 14 June.

Needs more Mr Worldwide IMO