Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

German embassy have put one of those weird Berlin bear things, World Cup themed, in front of it. Also, a huge poster on how they cannae wait and all. Good thing it's not in the center, the freaking monstrosity :D I bet they fancy their chances, those Germans.

A whole bunch of trolleys and buses around the city have been WC themed as well, and the subway cars will be decorated as well. Hopefully, no fancy cocaine addicts (affectionally referred to as modern artists) will be allowed anywhere near. Also, as I was jogging this past morning saw a big Costa Rica flag in my neighborhood. Those forrins, no shame at all :lol:

Watching us play Austria now, with Mourinho in attendance. What a spectacle. Not.

Also, staring to develop a real irrational hatred for Vardy and Hart. I can literally start a freaking farm, such is the amount of Panini stickers with those mugshots.

German embassy have put one of those weird Berlin bear things, World Cup themed, in front of it. Also, a huge poster on how they cannae wait and all. Good thing it's not in the center, the freaking monstrosity :D I bet they fancy their chances, those Germans.

A whole bunch of trolleys and buses around the city have been WC themed as well, and the subway cars will be decorated as well. Hopefully, no fancy cocaine addicts (affectionally referred to as modern artists) will be allowed anywhere near. Also, as I was jogging this past morning saw a big Costa Rica flag in my neighborhood. Those forrins, no shame at all :lol:

Watching us play Austria now, with Mourinho in attendance. What a spectacle. Not.

Also, staring to develop a real irrational hatred for Vardy and Hart. I can literally start a freaking farm, such is the amount of Panini stickers with those mugshots.

:lol:

I like your posts 👍

:lol:

I like your posts 👍

I think it's the Panini love - I'm invested and hopes he completes the set :lol:

I am sure a seasoned traveler had this sorted, but just in case - don't forget about the time difference if your arrangements include arriving/departing from city city on matchday. For convenience, there is a general Moscow time standard as a reference here, so Samara is -1 hour, Kaliningrad is +1 hour and Ekaterinburg is +2 hours. All the other cities are within the above-mentioned timezone. I once almost missed the train back home from a weekend on juice in Samara because I forgot about this, so just make sure you have this addressed in your arrangements.

The wait is unbearable.

The official tv opening. Majestic.

This one is just ok, not as catchy as Brazil's. The South Africa one will stay with me forever. The football in that World Cup was relatively poor, but I'll always remember sitting in my Auntie's house in Lagos every evening and hearing that song while I was cursing Yakubu and laughing at the crying Ghanians. :smitten: Great memories.

Russia will be the first World Cup I attend in person, and I am unreasonably excited, despite the mental cost of everything. I just hope the Super Eagles do not ruin my trip. :lol: They have a very decent chance of a good run, imo. Group D is tough, but I like the team that Rohr has put together, it will be a hard fought thing for all four teams, I don't believe Argentina will get out of it unblemished, either.

Of the other African sides, my heart holds optimism for Senegal and Egypt, primarily because of their groups. Morocco are better than Egypt and probably equal to Senegal, imo, but they will need to steal at least a draw against one of the Iberians. They were the second best side to Naija in the qualifiers and did not concede a goal, so it is definitely possible. There is no hope for Tunisia, they are poor. Egypt England are fortunate because 2 of the 3 worst sides are in their group, imo (the other being Panama).

Might be one for the unpopular opinions thread, but I really don't see the appeal of that Nigeria top :lol:

All the other ones that give a nod to nostalgia are very nice, I like them. Just not the one everyone is going crazy about!

The official tv opening. Majestic.

This one is just ok, not as catchy as Brazil's. The South Africa one will stay with me forever. The football in that World Cup was relatively poor, but I'll always remember sitting in my Auntie's house in Lagos every evening and hearing that song while I was cursing Yakubu and laughing at the crying Ghanians. :smitten: Great memories.

Russia will be the first World Cup I attend in person, and I am unreasonably excited, despite the mental cost of everything. I just hope the Super Eagles do not ruin my trip. :lol: They have a very decent chance of a good run, imo. Group D is tough, but I like the team that Rohr has put together, it will be a hard fought thing for all four teams, I don't believe Argentina will get out of it unblemished, either.

Of the other African sides, my heart holds optimism for Senegal and Egypt, primarily because of their groups. Morocco are better than Egypt and probably equal to Senegal, imo, but they will need to steal at least a draw against one of the Iberians. They were the second best side to Naija in the qualifiers and did not concede a goal, so it is definitely possible. There is no hope for Tunisia, they are poor. Egypt England are fortunate because 2 of the 3 worst sides are in their group, imo (the other being Panama).

Did Brian Idowu make the team?

Did Brian Idowu make the team?

We are still carrying 25 players, so it is not final, but I would be stunned if he is not there. I think he will start at left back, tbh. It's the weakest outfield position, and he is better than Uwa and more experienced than Ola Aina.

Might be one for the unpopular opinions thread, but I really don't see the appeal of that Nigeria top :lol:

All the other ones that give a nod to nostalgia are very nice, I like them. Just not the one everyone is going crazy about!

:lol: I wish more people shared this opinion, so it was actually possible to purchase one somewhere online. I want one two for myself and my wife, but thing is seemingly sold out worldwide. I think I will settle for one of the Lagos sold/China made versions that have flooded Naija already.

Such a crappy opening fixture. :lol:

I want to get a shirt. Tempted by Mexico away, Egypt home and Peru home.

Wash your mouth, sir :)

Colombia away brings back so many childhood memories, like. Defoe buying one, what with their matches against Poland and Senegal coming up with me gracing the occasion.

Speaking of which, if you remember that awesome Italia-90 Cameroon side, their manager is still alive and kicking. Now, at a mere 75 years of age, Valery Nepomnyashy just got himself a pretty decent job at Baltika. New stadium and training ground in Kaliningrad, a decent budget and promotion to the top tier as a set target. The guy also had spells in South Korea, Japan and Turkey. Ever since I was a kid, it always fascinated me how some people just do what they love and manage to travel around so many completely different places. In a way, he was a huge inspiration. I was sane enough not to get into football, would end up being a Russian Holloway/Herrera type, but in certain aspects the cool dude with sunglasses during that World Cup influenced so many people, he probably wouldn't even know.

I now also have a farm of Sliti stickers. Ferking Panini, pesky forrin capitalists :lol: